News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

True or False

Started by Leatho Shellhound, July 26, 2011, 12:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Correct Vilu, it could be argued that either the British Empire or the French Monarchy was the strongest nation at that time.

False, the Lusitania was a British ship that was hit and sunk by a U-boat torpedo, and is also one of the reasons the U.S joined WW1.

T or F Six American pilots in post WW2 German aircraft made up the entirety of the Israeli Air Force in their fight against the Arab States to reclaim Israel for the Jews.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Vilu Daskar

False?

Correct.

T or F, Napoleon was french?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jetthebinturong

False, he was Corsican.

T or F: The Duke of Wellington was English?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

LT Sandpaw

If I'm thinking of the right duke he was, French right?

@Vilu Incorrect, My last question was in fact truth, American pilots volunteered to fight with the Jews, and they crushed the Egyptian and other Arab Air Forces. In one battle they stopped an entire Arab army from invading Jerusalem, thus saving the Republic of God.

T or F King Richard the Lion Hearted was successful on his crusade crushing the Muslim forces and Saladin.

Vilu Daskar

False?

T or F, The United States is the second largest country in the world?

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Jetthebinturong

NINJA'D: LIONHEART not LionheartED. Crushing? Possibly not, but he did defeat them.

And mine was false, but he was Irish, not French.

T or F: There were nine crusades?

Actual:
False, Canada is.

For my question, see above. ^

Vilu Daskar

True.

T or F, Mohammed wrote the Koran?

Perifaen

False.

T or F I like steamed broccoli.
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Lady Ashenwyte

FALSE.

T or F, I enjoy anime set in a dystopian world>
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Perifaen

True

And I actually like steamed broccoli if it isn't mushy.

T or F my family has a trampoline.
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

LT Sandpaw

False that is false, I know because of my powers of guessing!

@Jet It is actually LionHearted :P And history books agree with me. ;)

T or F The rule of Charlemagne was the lowest point of the Frankish kingdom?

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on October 14, 2015, 05:29:24 PM

False that is false, I know because of my powers of guessing!

@Jet It is actually LionHearted :P And history books agree with me. ;)

T or F The rule of Charlemagne was the lowest point of the Frankish kingdom?

Which history books are these? Because I'm afraid that they're factually incorrect. Not one source I have ever read or seen calls him Lionhearted. Nor would it make sense for his time. The BBC call him Lionheart, Wikipedia calls him Lionheart, Englishmonarchs.co.uk calls him Lionheart, Britannica calls him Lionheart, the official government website about the royal family calls him Lionheart. I could go on.

James Gryphon

False.

True or false: I've hit the "Post" button over five thousand times.

@Jet: It's funny, but I've heard him referred to as the "Lionhearted" too. Maybe it's an American thing.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

True, I bet you have hit it that many times.

And your are also correct.

@Jet, So I looked it up and the internet seems rather split on which name is correct. Though if it is an American thing to call him Lionhearted I assume the British would be the more correct of the two seeing as Richard was a English King. Either way its not something worth arguing about.

T or F Carthage posed a real threat to Rome in the First Punic War.

Lady Ashenwyte

I think true, Carthage was a superpower at the time.

Genghis Khan's actual name was Temujin. T or F?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.