News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Top Characters You'd Like to Smack

Started by Flandor, June 09, 2012, 10:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Sage made a great point.

I don't want to smack Cynthia the bankvole. Not in the least. In fact, my sympathy goes out to her. I know she was whiny. Guess what? I think I would be as well. She's young and experiencing something utterly terrifying and unexpected. She is scared and confused. I know the counterargument for this is that all the other slaves are children too, but they didn't complain. Well, simply put, people are different, and so are characters. We can never know why others do things, for we cannot enter their minds. We can't, as I think I have stated in another post, read their thoughts and feel what they are feeling.

She is anxious, and she doesn't want to die. The whining may be to calm her down, or find some answers, or seek comfort from friends. I'm not sure if I can justify her actions, but I will make an effort to understand them.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on April 06, 2015, 09:35:52 PM
Let me see... would you freak out when your parents/saiors were trapped in a cave? Or maybe if you were in a freakin' SLAVE CHAIN?!?!?!
All too true, but I can't say that I would "freak out". (Perhaps it is my all-too-serious mind.) However, a small reminder that they were all in a similar situation and that freaking out wouldn't do any good would hopefully get some sense into her.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 11, 2015, 09:12:32 PM
Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on April 06, 2015, 09:35:52 PM
Let me see... would you freak out when your parents/saiors were trapped in a cave? Or maybe if you were in a freakin' SLAVE CHAIN?!?!?!
All too true, but I can't say that I would "freak out". (Perhaps it is my all-too-serious mind.) However, a small reminder that they were all in a similar situation and that freaking out wouldn't do any good would hopefully get some sense into her.

She was a CHILD who was scared and frightened. Nothing wrong in being whiny there.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Søren

I'd still smack Mattemeo around.
I certainly felt like smacking Cynthia after the series and the book. But she was a child, so I sorta didn't hate her that much.

I'm retired from the forum

Feles

Quote from: Skyblade on April 10, 2015, 09:23:14 PM
Sage made a great point.

I don't want to smack Cynthia the bankvole. Not in the least. In fact, my sympathy goes out to her. I know she was whiny. Guess what? I think I would be as well. She's young and experiencing something utterly terrifying and unexpected. She is scared and confused. I know the counterargument for this is that all the other slaves are children too, but they didn't complain. Well, simply put, people are different, and so are characters. We can never know why others do things, for we cannot enter their minds. We can't, as I think I have stated in another post, read their thoughts and feel what they are feeling.

She is anxious, and she doesn't want to die. The whining may be to calm her down, or find some answers, or seek comfort from friends. I'm not sure if I can justify her actions, but I will make an effort to understand them.
Mattemeo would smack her, at least in the beginning of the book he would
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on May 07, 2015, 11:47:00 PM
I'd still smack Mattemeo around.
I certainly felt like smacking Cynthia after the series and the book. But she was a child, so I sorta didn't hate her that much.

Yeah, those two are first-in-line for a good smack on the head. I have a lot of things against Matthias' son.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Tim Churchmouse

I would just put Cynthia. Nggggrhbhrgdurga... Man she was annoying as Inle... Especially in the cartoon/tv series. Her whiny voice made me cringe.
This is your referral link!
PLEEEEEASE CLICK MULTIPLYFYING TIMES!!!!!!!

The Skarzs

The other people made some good points about her, just to keep everyone in perspective.

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on May 16, 2015, 05:45:22 PM
Yeah, those two are first-in-line for a good smack on the head. I have a lot of things against Matthias' son.
Mattimeo definitely shaped up at the end of the book (Tess Churchmouse's reprimanding certainly gave a start to his change), but I agree that at the beginning of the book Matthias should have swatted him.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

This may sound awful, but there have been times when I was ticked off at the dibbuns. I know babies are babies and their attitude isn't completely their fault...but I still felt prickles of annoyance reading about theit antics. Not all dibbuns did this to me; the only ones I can think of at the moment are Chugger from The Legend of Luke and Yik or whatever his name is from Eulalia!

Again, I don't hate dibbuns. I was just annoyed when I read the books ::)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Delthion

Cynthia was annoying...and Mattiemeo wasn't as bad in the book as in the series. I probably would have done most of what he did...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Tungro

1. Cynthia {of all the characters in the entire series, she is my least favorite}
2. Scarum {very closely tied with Cynthia}
3. Mattimeo {spoiled little stinker if you ask me}

The Grey Coincidence

Almost every vole I've ever encountered has annoyed me to some extent. It all started with Colin... The exception to this is Rollo in Lutra- though I wasn't too fond of him when he was a baby... Didn't hate him but... Dibbuns are worse than vermin sometimes...
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Tungro

The Skarzs

THIS. . . this topic is my friend.

Cynthia, Scarum, many of the dibbuns, Yoofus Lightpaw. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Tungro

I thought about putting Yoofus in third, but in my option Mattimeo was a little bit worse

EDIT:
1. Cynthia {of all the characters in the entire series, she is my least favorite}
2. Scarum {very closely tied with Cynthia}
3. Mattimeo {spoiled little stinker if you ask me}
4. Yoofus Lightpaw {a thief and smart alec who acts innocent. Not a good combination}
5. Urgan Nauru {His empty bragging got old fast}
4. Celandine