Most Certifiably Insane Villain (We're Talkin' NUTS, People!)

Started by White One6193, July 17, 2012, 12:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

Quote from: White One6193 on July 20, 2012, 10:06:50 PM

Remember to state REASONS for your candidates. Defend your viewpoints, ladies and gentlemen! I want this to be a fun topic. Don't just tell us who, tell us WHY, and then state examples. Those of you who are taking an advanced English class, this is called dialectic method, and will help you with viewpoint essay writing. Again, DEFEND YOUR VIEWPOINT!

I am more than willing to do that having gone through all sorts of English, writing, college classes where you have to write endless paragraphs.  I gave as much as I could for my answer...Madd wasn't a major character in the story, but certainly fits the description.

I would suspect a majority of our members here are not versed in writing very lengthy paragraphs about one thing, simply due to age and experience.  Give them time. :)  I know you want more, but it'll take time.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

I like to write, but I have trouble making lengthy paragraphs. I run out of ideas. Any suggestions?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

White One6193

Quote from: Lutra on July 21, 2012, 01:16:42 AM
Quote from: White One6193 on July 20, 2012, 10:06:50 PM

Remember to state REASONS for your candidates. Defend your viewpoints, ladies and gentlemen! I want this to be a fun topic. Don't just tell us who, tell us WHY, and then state examples. Those of you who are taking an advanced English class, this is called dialectic method, and will help you with viewpoint essay writing. Again, DEFEND YOUR VIEWPOINT!

I am more than willing to do that having gone through all sorts of English, writing, college classes where you have to write endless paragraphs.  I gave as much as I could for my answer...Madd wasn't a major character in the story, but certainly fits the description.

I would suspect a majority of our members here are not versed in writing very lengthy paragraphs about one thing, simply due to age and experience.  Give them time. :)  I know you want more, but it'll take time.

Hahaha! Yes, thank you, Lutra. I'd quite forgotten how young some of our compatriots are. Some of them write so well for their ages, though! It's easy to forget some times that most of these guys are ten or even fifteen years younger than I.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Redwallfan7

Flandor

Redwallfan7: Sometimes it can helpful to outline a post if you want to expand on your idea.  Say I wanted to talk about why Gabool is the most insane.  I could outline my post thus:

Gabool: Most Insane Villain

Reasons-
1) He was speaking with inanimate objects (the Bell)
2) He was seeing ghosts and calling creatures by the wrong name, thought that one rat was one of his dead captains or Greypatch.
3) His went days without sleep, which will make even the sanest person start to break down.

Etc.  It helps me to organize thoughts and think of new things to say.  Also, I like to read Wikipedia articles about subjects to help give me a more rounded understanding of the topic I'm discussing (in this case, insanity).  Wikipedia isn't always 100% correct, but it is a good resource to learn basic information about lots of different things.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, to kill Gabool would have been to put him out of his misery. He was constantly thinking that the bell, or Rawnblade, or Mariel, or one of his captains was out to get him. (He was kind of right.)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

White One6193

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 22, 2012, 07:03:29 AM
Yeah, to kill Gabool would have been to put him out of his misery. He was constantly thinking that the bell, or Rawnblade, or Mariel, or one of his captains was out to get him. (He was kind of right.)

Well, justified paranoia is still paranoia. ;D
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwaller

Redwallfan7

Slagar was crazy. Wearing a mask that he never took off, and selling slaves to a wearat kingdom. Pretty crazed in my book.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on July 25, 2012, 01:38:59 PM
Slagar was crazy. Wearing a mask that he never took off, and selling slaves to a wearat kingdom. Pretty crazed in my book.
Well, he did have a purpose for the mask.  It hid his horrible injuries.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

MatthiasMan

Gabool is over all the craziest I've ever read about. I mean his eyes were completely bloodshot, and he thought he heard a bong from the bell. He nuts. I mean really, a bell haunting someone? He has some major mental issues.

phoenixfoden