What is your favorite Redwall character?

Started by Kitsunére Lunaura, December 09, 2015, 10:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

We need a real topic, even if it is simple. What is your favorite Redwall character?

I liked Plugg Firetail for a while. I liked the way that he stood up to Kurds. Now, I am not so sure. There are many likable characters.

Banya

Quote from: Kitsunére Lunaura on December 09, 2015, 10:39:42 PM
There are many likable characters.
You said it.

My favourites include Keyla, Ranguvar, Russa, Tansy, and so many more.

Kitsune

Ah, I liked them.

I am afraid that to find the one character that is my favorite, I would have to re-read all of the books. But, I still have characters that I like a lot.

Banya

It seems it might be easier to pick that one favourite character from each book.  We're talking one out of hundreds of memorable, unique, and wonderful characters.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Kitsune

Quote from: Banya on December 10, 2015, 02:55:28 AM
It seems it might be easier to pick that one favourite character from each book.  We're talking one out of hundreds of memorable, unique, and wonderful characters.

I agree. Brian Jaques did spend a lifetime creating characters, after all.

Cornflower MM

Oh, gods. I can't pick! Rakkety Tam, Martin, Cornflower, Gonff, Columbine, Tansy, Rose, Song, Dann. . . . . And so many more. *Sighs*

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Gonff the Mousethief

Gonff or Gingevere. Simple enough. I felt Gonff was a person I strived to be like, while my heart was equal with that of Gingevere.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Mhera

Mhera. It's funny to me how in almost every discussion on Taggerung she gets little more than a mention, if that. I mean, she only took up half the book :P

Eulaliaaa!

I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm drawn to Skarleth. He's a kestral - which is not my favorite bird (though I love all birds. Especially swainson's hawks). He's also wise and cautious, which is definitely not my style. If anything, Gonff should be my favorite (and he is among my favorites, just not like Skarleth).  :P
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Lord Daskar

When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Dante8002

Yalahoo!

clunylooney

I cannot choose one, so here is about 15.
I like a lot of the main villains (cluny,slagar,riggu,swartt,ungatt) and just villains in general , but for heroes I would say Finbarr Galedeep, The Mask, Basil Stag Hare, Sunflash the Mace, Fleetscut, Felldoh, Boar the Fighter, Warthorn, Romsca, Blaggut, Lealtho Shellhound, Russano the Wise, Lord Brocktree, pretty much every hare except for Tarquin (curse him) and of course, Martin the Warrior.
There are about 50 other heroes I loved and about 200 all around characters I loved, but here are about 15. (a little more than 15)
If I had a gun to my head, I would say Sunflash or Basil, but they are followed closely by Finbarr, Mask and Martin
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me