News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Castles and sorts

Started by Lord Gorath, November 18, 2012, 02:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which would best hold of a mass invasion of the Blue Hordes after the events of Lord Brocktree?

Salamandastron
25 (46.3%)
Palace of Ublaz
2 (3.7%)
Fort Bladegirt
1 (1.9%)
Redwall Abbey
8 (14.8%)
Castle Marl
12 (22.2%)
Castle Floret
6 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Tam and Martin

Redwall for the same reason's Wonwill said

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

cregga rose eyes

Quote from: AxeHound on November 18, 2012, 06:25:46 PM
I think Castle Marl. It's hard to get to and difficult to attack.

I agree Castle Marl would be hard to get to. Probably the hardest to get to out of the options.
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Kitsune

It might be difficult to get to... but Salamandastron could hold off a larger force.

Leatho Shellhound

I still go with Castle Floret.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Norham Waterpaw

I'm gonna go with Castle Marl, number one, it's surrounded by pike filled water. Two, how are you ganna get the blue hordes down the tiny river that leads to the lake? And three, in Marlfox, they had REALLY good archers, so that's my reasons
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

KitrallStreamrippler

Redwall- they have willing healers and fighters, and Martin's spirit. Also, the abbey itself has experience. Who was it that said that 'warlords have broken their skulls against its stones'? That's a good quote. *goes to research it*

Salamandastron would definitely be a good place to be, though. One reason besides the aforementioned being that it has solid rock on all sides and on top and bottom. Redwall just has thick stone as its walls.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Leatho Shellhound

Castle Floret is like Salamandastron and the Abbey together. Think about it, the Castle is at the top of a tall rock mountain, with one path leading up to it. There is a drawbridge at the door. So the enemy have to walk up that path in full view, and under fire. Then batter at the gate "flying" over the pit where the drawbridge would normaly be when it is down.

click the banner

KitrallStreamrippler

Hmmm. You have a very good point there. I agree (somewhat- if you didn't know, I can be quite stubborn at times).
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Ungatt Trunn

I'n my opinion, The Blue Hordes would beable to take any place as easy as cake (I think it's obviouse why I think this....) But I think that the hardest place for (he he!) My army to take over would be Castle Floret. The only real way in is the drawbridge, which they could easly raise to keep The Blue Hordes out. But even with that, The Blue Hordes would still win in the end...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Thomas Barkshield

I would say Redwall, because they are completely self- sufficient. Also, it is guarded by martin the warriors spirit ( He's one tough spirit, smart too.).

Rusvul

Nobody would ever take castle marl. You have to have an army or crows ( or a very strong hawk), a good boat, and the knowledge of where the darn castle is. Flame arrows at a ship sailing in pike infested waters with ravens attacking from above? No way anybeast's getting past that. And if you manage to get to the island, it has all the defenses of Redwall, except the moles and allies. But, a huge army of completely loyal water rats and the eight best strategists ( who also happen to be invisible, awesome fighters, and terrifying) should fill that gap. Any who disagree, please tell me how the heck you'd get past those defenses, or even find the castle. :P

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 20, 2013, 03:50:05 AM
Nobody would ever take castle marl. You have to have an army or crows ( or a very strong hawk), a good boat, and the knowledge of where the darn castle is. Flame arrows at a ship sailing in pike infested waters with ravens attacking from above? No way anybeast's getting past that. And if you manage to get to the island, it has all the defenses of Redwall, except the moles and allies. But, a huge army of completely loyal water rats and the eight best strategists ( who also happen to be invisible, awesome fighters, and terrifying) should fill that gap. Any who disagree, please tell me how the heck you'd get past those defenses, or even find the castle. :P

They did, and took it.

click the banner

Rusvul

They sort of cheated. Does the blue hordes have a hawk on their team? Nope. And I assume we are talking about when both armies are full-force, about half the dudes were away when Dannflor attacked.

Thomas Barkshield

All of the marlfoxes were killed after marlfox, so after that castle marl was pretty much useless and defenceless, as the rats didn't have a leader.

Rusvul

I'm reffering to when all the marlfoxes were home, and the rats were full-force