News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Martin's death

Started by GeminyaTome, July 30, 2011, 04:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Coobreedan

If he was killed a big war would of gone on to avenge him, and a book would of been wrote about that.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

mattimouse20

Quote from: Lutra on July 30, 2011, 12:55:53 PM
Those who die of old age tend to go without any explanation.  If you were killed by a horde, or vermin, it tends to get mentioned, so I suspect Martin was one that died of old age.  (It also wouldn't seem right for Martin to be killed by vermin when he's so good at defeating them.)
are you saying that martin was more powerful than boar the fighter?!
boar was also well on in years and an experienced fighter as well, but he too was killed in battle.
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Bragoon

By an army of vermin, Boar was.  But it's pretty much a given that very few vermin could beat Martin in single combat, and he could beat up a Kotir patrol without even drawing his sword (admittedly they did capture him but there were seven or eight in the patrol), so I would think that it would take quite a few to beat him,
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

I'd say Martin just died of old age, or maybe he got sick.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Folgrimeo on September 01, 2011, 11:32:31 PM
at some point Gonff would have brought up whether Martin had a girlfriend.
After Rose, I doubt it.  It's also mentioned that Martin never had any children, so the whole idea of Martin having another girlfriend seems kind of unlikely.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

I was so mad when Rose died! >:(

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: danflorreguba on March 29, 2012, 10:25:14 PM
I was so mad when Rose died! >:(
I'm gonna get yelled at a lot for saying this, but...
I didn't really care about Rose.  Or her death.
I was sad when Felldoh died.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Bragoon

Another Felldoh admirer!  At last!
I think it was terrible when Rose died, but I really felt it more when Felldoh died.  He's definitely one of my favorite characters.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Bragoon on March 31, 2012, 03:04:49 PM
Another Felldoh admirer!  At last!
I think it was terrible when Rose died, but I really felt it more when Felldoh died.  He's definitely one of my favorite characters.
Yeah, same.  I think Felldoh should have lived, but not without some consequence from fighting so many soldiers.  Like maybe he always would have a limp or something.
It seems we're far outnumbered by the Rose admirers.  :-\

Marlfox Vanish

Yes i do believe that Martin the Warrior died of old age, had he died in a battle there would be another book, a mention of his arch enemy, and probably wouldn't have his own tomb.   

Bragoon

That's a good point, his tomb didn't indicate any momentous, tragic death. 
But on the other hand, Mr. Jacques didn't say a word about his tomb in any of the other books, so maybe that was one of the things that he wanted to change from the original. 

Marlfox Vanish

Never noticed that. he doesnt ever mention anything about the tome, or the shield for that matter. 

Dannflower Reguba

Hey! I like Felldoh too! He is one of my favorite squirrels!

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: GeminyaTome on July 30, 2011, 04:33:02 AM
Did Brian EVER say exactly how Martin died? I know that Martin died outside of Redwall, but is it still a mystery?
We don't know if he died in or outside of Redwall. The books don't really make it clear.

Life is too short to rush through it.