General Suggestions

Started by rakkety tam, July 19, 2011, 07:53:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Tiria, while I don't like being the wet blanket here, I don't want to see members get all hyped up over the awards suggestion, and then be discouraged after awards are given out and things didn't go their way. ;)  Believe me, it happens to the nicest people too.  I'm just trying to avoid this mess here too.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

Okay, okay, I wasn't disagreeing with you. I know what you mean.
I'm not a hipster.

Varleyfray

Suggestion:  Subforums in Cavern Hole for movies, music, and books.  There are so many posts in there that just say something like  "I like (x) band."  in the OP post and nothing more. That doesn't generate discussion and makes it hard to keep up with topics that actually do have discussion going.

Ceteruler

there could just be topics on said subjects.

Lutra

Quote from: Varleyfray on April 21, 2012, 10:12:42 PM
Suggestion:  Subforums in Cavern Hole for movies, music, and books.  There are so many posts in there that just say something like  "I like (x) band."  in the OP post and nothing more. That doesn't generate discussion and makes it hard to keep up with topics that actually do have discussion going.

I will bring it up--it is something that we probably should eventually do.  :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

DanielofRedwall

Yeah. It does get a bit annoying when there is topics on games, bands, singers, books, authors etc who either aren't that big or I haven't even heard of!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Dannflower Reguba

That would be a REALLY good idea, the boards are so crowded!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

redwallgurl

the boards are kinda croweded im glad for the search botton on the top
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Skipper

Quote from: Skipper on March 10, 2012, 06:56:09 PM
I was thinking, why not make a section for locked threads eg finished rps/signups etc i think it would make it easier to find stuff.
That leads me to my idea that know one awnsered

Lutra

Quote from: Skipper on May 04, 2012, 07:29:55 AM
Quote from: Skipper on March 10, 2012, 06:56:09 PM
I was thinking, why not make a section for locked threads eg finished rps/signups etc i think it would make it easier to find stuff.
That leads me to my idea that know one awnsered

If you're speaking of the role play awards or board awards, I've already given my opinion on that idea. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skipper

It's nothing to do with the awards, it's to do with making a section for locked threads finished rps etc, the boards are pretty cluttered

Lutra

To answer your question, threads that are locked in all forums, generally fall into the abyss (page 2 and beyond) after a short period of time.  While this does not put finished rps in their own section, I don't believe many people are going to look to page 5 for an rp to join. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, who wants to look at the old threads? :P
I'm not a hipster.

Wot Wot

first of all it is good to be with other fellow fans again, i do not have much time these days what with school.
i had an idea to create groups for different age groups, i myself am 13, a teenager and (no offence) most of you are in your prime. If we had age groups people of the same age can discuss current happenings.
Please can you at least test my idea