News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Weird screen popping up.

Started by Cornflower MM, March 04, 2015, 06:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Today, almost every time I've gone to move around the forum, a white screen pops up and it says 'Request timed out. Please try request again.' or something like that. Is it the forum, or my computer, or what? I'm getting a little worried, to be honest - We really don't need a dead computer right now.

Jukka the Sling

Oh, yeah, I've had that a few times today when I tried to post or send a PM. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that the forum was down (for me at least) for an hour or more last night.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Mhera

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on March 04, 2015, 06:31:10 PM
Oh, yeah, I've had that a few times today when I tried to post or send a PM. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that the forum was down (for me at least) for an hour or more last night.
^exactly what I was going to say.

LT Sandpaw

I've had it too, just refresh the page and it allows the post to go though.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

It happens to me a lot to, mostly with posts more than three lines deep.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

The forum has kept going down over the last little while. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else having this?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Mhera

Only last evening; otherwise it's been fine.

The Skarzs

It's been working for me, just posting has been a bit problematic sometimes.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Yes, I noticed this last night but it seems okay now. I suppose these sort of problems are inevitable from time to time.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Wot, wot!

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on March 04, 2015, 08:50:52 PM
The forum has kept going down over the last little while. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Anyone else having this?

Yes. I tried posting last night and this morning, and it took me out of the forum  :-\ it was the weirdest thing. I hit the preview button and now it works  :D
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Skyblade

Looks like it's still a problem. Hopefully somebody will take a look.

Lady Ashenwyte

It happened to me a lot yesterday. It was annoying.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Luftwaffles

It sounds like the server is having a bit of a downtime. Don't you guys worry, I'm a member of another forum that has to deal with that constantly and I left another that had the same error popping up everyday at midnight due to a popular trivia game.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

James Gryphon

I haven't been able to get on at all since Tuesday evening. I actually still can't get in with my WiFi connection; I'm typing this on my phone because it has 4G access.

That's why I'm behind more than a day on things. I'm trying to figure out what the problem is, but until I do, it will be harder for me to keep up with the forum.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

How will we get this fixed? Do we just wait it out, or is there somebody who can take a look into it?