Foxes!

Started by Blaggut, February 27, 2014, 05:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

I've always wondered this. Foxes are much to big to be in redwall, right? I mean, they could make a fair match to a badger lord! And they can't be baby foxes, because Ferahgo was old. So why are they in redwall? They're not uncommon, either. Was there some kind of nomadic midget fox tribe from over the seas of... Somewhere????   ???
~Just a soft space boi~

Rusvul

Animal size seems as if it's been rebalanced. A mouse can whack a fox or a ferret upside the head. A shrew can easily kill a stoat.

Tam and Martin

Right. He decreases the size of some animals and increases the size of others to make them fit in with the series.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Blaggut

But what about the one scene where Timbalisto sits on The Taggerung's shoulders at redwall to see sumthin?
~Just a soft space boi~

321tumbler

Maybe Timbalisto was short for a beast and Taggerung was pretty tall.

Vilu Daskar

Yeah I think it said that Tagg was big and Nimbalo was small
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

Kitsune

I never imagined Redwall animals to be exactly their own size. I imagined creatures like mice and squirrels to be slightly smaller and wildcats, badgers and foxes to be slightly larger. Otherwise, Martin would have no chance against Tsarmina.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Blaggut on February 27, 2014, 05:28:59 PM
I've always wondered this. Foxes are much to big to be in redwall, right? I mean, they could make a fair match to a badger lord! And they can't be baby foxes, because Ferahgo was old. So why are they in redwall? They're not uncommon, either. Was there some kind of nomadic midget fox tribe from over the seas of... Somewhere????   ???

Ferahgo vaz a Weasel, mate. Nae a fox.

WEASELS RULE!!!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Romsca

Quote from: PluggFiretail on March 31, 2014, 09:27:53 PM
I never imagined Redwall animals to be exactly their own size. I imagined creatures like mice and squirrels to be slightly smaller and wildcats, badgers and foxes to be slightly larger. Otherwise, Martin would have no chance against Tsarmina.

You mean the other way around? ;)

The Skarzs

Yeah. . .
In my story stuffs all sizes have been modified, but any creature that should be bigger is bigger, including but not limited to foxes.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Kitsune

Quote from: Romsca on April 10, 2014, 03:36:57 AM
Quote from: PluggFiretail on March 31, 2014, 09:27:53 PM

You mean the other way around? ;)
*just slightly smaller than other animals
*just slightly larger than other animals

UNKN0WN

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 10, 2014, 03:52:55 AM
Yeah. . .
In my story stuffs all sizes have been modified, but any creature that should be bigger is bigger, including but not limited to foxes.

Shrinking and expanding sizes...
...is that similar to slowing and speeding up time?  ;D

The Skarzs

What are you, some kind of critic nut?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Deyna the Warrior

Actually, there are a lot of foxes where I live, and they're way smaller than everyone (including me) thinks. Even so, they must have been re-sized, because a mouse (or a mole or a shrew or a squirrel) is still no match for a fox in the real world.
Warriors brave, who gave all you could give,
Offered your lives so that others would live,
No one can tell what my heart longed to say
When I had to leave here, and you had to stay.

-The Long Patrol, page 312