News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall Abbey Amino

Started by NovaNocturne, April 23, 2017, 12:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NovaNocturne

Heyo Redwallers!

So I was dinking around with an app I'm sure you've all at least heard of a little bit. And realized it could be curious to test it out for our little community. The app is called Amino. It's a social networking site that is an all in one, and from what I have seen has no ads to spam you with. I've made a quick group just for Redwall Fans like those here on this forum, and would be super stoked if anyone who'd like to check it out would give it a look. You can use it to show off your artwork, have discussions, roleplay, and so on.

One thing I appreciate about it is that being its all very easy to navigate, and its all mobile based, so imagine you are out and about and the Redwall Abbey group decides to set up an impromptu meetup in your area. If posted on the app, and with notifications on, you'd be alerted immediately, and you'd easily be able to meet up with them. I know facebook, and other social forums have similar functions, but another thing I particularly like about Amino, is that it specializes in a way that many social networks falls flat on. It's reliable when Facebook's algorithms suddenly get changed and you no longer hear about your friends' lives and such, or when the email notifications you tried to set up get blocked by your spam filters.

Another thing is we could even use the "catalog" section of the app to in essence make our own Redwall Magazine or collection of writings about thoughts, art, and so on from the members. I think that would be really cool to be able to compile a featured thing like that. Heck if it got big enough, maybe I could even get it all printed to send to people. lol (kinda a dorky idea I know, but I think it's quirky and fun) Or perhaps you want to make a quiz about the Redwall books? Have a recipe right on hand from Redwall's kitchens? It's all inclusive and conveniently right on your phone.

If you'd like to give it a try, head over to this link to get the app and join in! :)

http://aminoapps.com/c/redwall-abbey/

(to the admins, if this is not allowed, please delete! Still familiarizing myself with whats okay ruleswise and what isn't) <3