News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Mossflower Odyssey IV: The Beasts in the Crater

Started by Tooley Bostay, May 28, 2017, 04:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooley Bostay

Mwahaha. Once you're in, there's no going back! =P

But seriously, that's awesome! Heck, I have yet to submit my own entry, so you're beating me, mate. =P And yeah, you can either send it to the email that Zevka specified in the thread, or send it to him via a PM on the boards. Either works. Also be sure to include in your email/PM which category the application is for, the species, age, and gender.
If I may, though, I'd recommend giving it a day or so to rest. Sometimes you catch mistakes only after being away from a piece of writing for a bit. So maybe wait until tomorrow, give your entry another read to check for any misspellings, grammar mistakes, punctuation errors, or just things that you may want to edit (changing wording of a sentence, lines of dialogue, etc.), 'cause once it's submitted, it's out of your hands! A misspell here or there isn't going to cost you a chance for being in the story, of course, but it really helps your chances to have it be as clean and correct as possible.

But a dang fine job, mate. I'm surprised you've already got an app on your hands, and I wish you the best in the contest! You can apply up to three times, so long as each is for a different category, so feel free to come up with two other apps as well. Great opportunity to play with different character archetypes, and go wild with creativity by making each different from the others. At least, that's my plan! We'll see how it turns out. =)

Ashleg

Think I'm doing that.

Well, I'm too young to have a job and too antisocial to go anywhere...what'd you expect?

The Skarzs

I have other writing commitments, as well as many other priorities as well. :-\ Best of luck to all competitors, and awesome job, Ashleg!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Ashleg on June 01, 2017, 03:41:02 AM
Well, I'm too young to have a job and too antisocial to go anywhere...what'd you expect?

Amen

I might end up doing this, but I just have a lot of other personal writings to attend to. The time I could spend on a chapter there I could just as easily put towards my own book. Maybe next time I could try it out, but thank you for introducing me Tooley!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Tooley Bostay

oh to be young and have absurd amounts of free time again

RE: The Skarz
Not a problem, mate! I appreciate you checking it out, and I wish you the best with your other writing. =D

RE: Gonff
Totally understand your situation. Heck, I'm writing a novel myself, but I'm setting aside a few months to participate in the contest simply because of how much of a learning experience it is. From my perspective, while it is fun, sure, it's more an opportunity to grow myself as a writer. I know my craft has already improved since last contest, and am looking forward to what I might learn from this contest as well. =]

That said, you do you, mate. If you're set on writing this book of yours, then more power to you! If you don't mind me asking, what's it about?
(Also, props for the name. Gonff is a boss)

Also, noting here that applications close in exactly one week from today. So if anyone is still on the fence, now's the time to decide and hop in! We've had a fantastic response so far, even to the point of opening up a new, tenth category, and raising the submission limit from 3 to 4 apps. Friends, Romans, countrymen, now is the time to decide! =D