"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What was your reaction to BJ dying

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 11, 2011, 06:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log a Log Grenn

Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Matthias720

I found out about his death on February 7th, while looking through my Facebook news feed at work. I was stunned and a bit melancholy as it started to sink in that my favorite author had passed away. What made it really made it tough for me though, was that he had passed away two days after my birthday. However, my coworkers, family, and friends were all very supportive in helping me in coping with it.

In the future, I hope to celebrate his memory every February 5th by doing something Redwall related. Whether it's reading on of his books, listening to one of his books on CD, or watching the TV show, I plan on keeping his memory alive for years to come.

Log a Log Grenn

Bananagirl

i found out about his death on the 9th  or so, i was looking at this sight and i saw the post. i was very sad when i saw that,  i had been looking forward to more books from him, he was a masterful writer, i will miss his work so much, but at least he will not be forgotten by his fans.

I think that is a great idea Mathias720 :          "In the future, I hope to celebrate his memory every February 5th by doing something Redwall related. Whether it's reading on of his books, listening to one of his books on CD, or watching the TV show, I plan on keeping his memory alive for years to come"      i plan to do the same

R.I.P   Brian Jacques

martins#1fan

Felt sad because, I know there's not gonna be any more books! :(
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Spring Breeze

My mom told me on the 5th and I had a hard time keeping my self calm but I had to because I had to go babysit but when I got back I went out in the field behind our house and cried, it was the hardest I had cried for a long time.
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Mariel

My friend told me about a week after he died.  I was really upset, but I don't think I ever cried--I was just shocked.  He always seemed like one of those writers who you would just happen to run into in the grocery store and have a really long conversation with.  I still can't believe he died.

Log a Log Grenn

I know this has nothing to do with BJ dying
but I recently got my friend reading the first Redwall book Redwall
And I was telling him about BJ and when I said Jakes
He said I was pronouncing it wrong
He was pronouncing it Jacques(the French way) ::)

Spring Breeze

My friends are constantly correcting me and I always say "The pronunciation is in the back flap of the book on the 'about the author' bit" and even then they don't believe me!
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Log a Log Grenn

Flurgy Twinj

I found out about his death from local news reports the day after he passed away (I'm also from Liverpool, UK) and was deeply saddened by it as he's one of my favourite authors and I've always looked forward to his books being released.

I'll always continue to recommend his stories to other people as I think that he deserves to be remembered and recognised by future generations as the likes of C.S. Lewis and Tolkien have been over the years, as one of the classic authors who's books can be enjoyed by everybody, young and old alike. I think that's the kind of legacy Brian would have liked.  :)

The Tales Of Redwall series always have an upbeat ending with good having triumphed over evil and hope and building towards the future so I think that we should happy for all the great memories he's given us (which we can revisit at any time), for those which future readers have yet to experience, and communities like this where we can come and discuss our favourite Redwall bits rather than be upset because the series has come to an end (it had to happen eventually  :( )
From tummy ache, soretail and sniffs,
From grunge and whisker cramp,
From wobbly paws, and flurgy twinj,
O keep all in this camp.

Lolilolita

I found out on the 8th. My brother said he'd been flicking through the "recent deaths" on Wikipedia - yeaaaah, he's pretty strange - and called me to let me know. I was pretty upset when I found out to be honest! I was homeschooled for 3 years from when I was 10 and I was sent Mossflower by my correspondense teacher and from that moment on i was hooked and I saved up all my allowence/chore money to collect all his books - Generally I had no friends and his books were my greatest comfort when it came to making use of my active imagination.
I'm 19 now and about a week before he died I finally took the time and wrote him a fan letter  which I had ment to do for years - but since I sent it from New Zealand I highly doubt it would have been recieved on time.
ant.
I'm going on my OE next year to the UK and if anyone knows where he was laid to rest I'd love it if you could let me know. I was hoping that I could have met him in person and got him to sign my copy of Mossflower and just thank him but i guess paying my respects will just  have to do.

Log a Log Grenn

Mariel

Quote from: Lolilolita on June 13, 2011, 03:09:51 AM
I found out on the 8th. My brother said he'd been flicking through the "recent deaths" on Wikipedia - yeaaaah, he's pretty strange - and called me to let me know. I was pretty upset when I found out to be honest! I was homeschooled for 3 years from when I was 10 and I was sent Mossflower by my correspondense teacher and from that moment on i was hooked and I saved up all my allowence/chore money to collect all his books - Generally I had no friends and his books were my greatest comfort when it came to making use of my active imagination.
I'm 19 now and about a week before he died I finally took the time and wrote him a fan letter  which I had ment to do for years - but since I sent it from New Zealand I highly doubt it would have been recieved on time.
ant.
I'm going on my OE next year to the UK and if anyone knows where he was laid to rest I'd love it if you could let me know. I was hoping that I could have met him in person and got him to sign my copy of Mossflower and just thank him but i guess paying my respects will just  have to do.

I know how you feel...I'm so mad that I never made the effort to meet him, even if only for a brief handshake.

Log a Log Grenn

I've seen billions of interviews of  him And I watched his funeral online
But I never got to meet him I'm so annoyed