News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Barranca's Artwork

Started by Barranca, August 20, 2014, 05:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

Quote from: Barranca on August 22, 2014, 04:53:08 PM

*cries into a pillow* ITS STILL NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But you did it all correctly, so it just must be my computer. I'll have to go on the iPad or something.  :-\

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Barranca

Barranca

An update! Vallug Bowbeast and Eefera from the Taggerung

I have wanted to draw Juska for a long time and this is my first attempt. As soon as I read about the facial tattoos of this tribe I immediately thought of Maori warriors so I drew some inspiration from them. I wanted Vallug and Eefera to be totally covered with the red and black of the Juskarath clan. When a new clan chief takes over the members tattoo the new colors and patterns on their faces along with their old ones. I thought that the strongest Juska would be more likely to cover themselves with one style of tattoo, with the belief that they will never have to change their tattoos.

In my mind I like to think that Vallug and Eefera grew up together. Having a friendship and rivalry with one another but each having their eyes set on being chief one day. The two strongest fighter's under Sawney's command they were probably very young in the time of Zan Juskarath and came up under his rule and then with Sawney's.

These two managed to lay a two beast siege on Redwall abbey and were a lot more clever and resourceful than a lot of other Redwall villains, I really enjoyed following their story :)

Jetthebinturong

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Russano the Wise

Great drawing! I like how detailed the tattoos are!
"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

Thomas Barkshield

Barranca

MeadowR

Great detail and poses on your pic! Actually, not sure if I've seen this thread before *checks your earlier drawings*...

Edit: That baddies group drawing looks really cool! Shame it's so small and fuzzy... I gather it's also on the DA account? I'll take a look there in a bit. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

rachel25

I CAN SEE IT! I CAN SEE IT! I CAN SEE IT!!!!! AND ITS BRILLIANT!