RAF 5th Anniversary! Art Competition!

Started by Captain Tammo, July 31, 2016, 05:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

*poke* *poke* sooooo... any idea when you'll have the results up?
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Faiyloe on September 16, 2016, 12:51:05 AM
*poke* *poke* sooooo... any idea when you'll have the results up?
Quote from: Skarzs on September 16, 2016, 04:21:58 AM
Ditto.

*snorts awake* mm... yeah, yeah jus' five more minutes, zmrfff... wazzat? OH MY GOSH THE CONTEST RESULTS WHAT HAVE I DONE!

*falls out of bed*

*throws on fancy suit*

*brushes teeth with hair gel instead of shaving cream -- doh! I mean toothpaste*

*takes shower*

*grabs contest results list and bolts out the door*

*runs back inside for keys. Then again for wallet, phone, pants and then keys again*

*screeches into parking lot where the art competition has been going on for 2 weeks. Everyone is, weirdly enough, still in their seats*

*stumbles onto the stage sopping wet and missing a shoe. The spotlight turns on ten paces too far to the right*

Ahem, er, hey there... Sorry I kinda overslept fer, uh.... two weeks... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! After great consideration of your stupendous works, It is my great honor to present to you all the results of the Redwall Abbey Forum's Fifth Anniversary Art Competition!

"In fifth place, we have, er... me.

*A cricket in the crowd chirrups in approval*

MOVING ON! In fourth place, we have the wonderful @Faiyloe with her collection of Redwall Forum members!

The third place award goes to the one and only @Skarzs and his sketch of a Redwall Feast (accompanied by a very well written short story)!

It's down to the wire. Who will get the grand prize and first selection at the prize pool?

First and Second Place Award:

The Second Place award is presented to the faithful @Leatho Shellhound for his stupendous illustration of various creatures making their journy to Redwall.

and the Grand Prize goes to the fantastic @Dotti Lovegood for her piece depicting the members of the Redwall Forum interacting with one another on a tapestry-styled format.
[close]

Well done one and all! I do want to formally apologize for my delay. I can assure you that something so unprofessional will not be happening again! I hope you all can forgive me.

I really enjoyed seeing the great things you've all made, and I want to thank each and every one of you guys for putting in the time and effort to help celebrate this community's fifth birthday. You're all awesome! :)

So, here is the prize pool and how things will be distributed:

The grand prize winner gets first pick, then second place winner picks from the remaining prize pool, then third, and so on. Please comment below which prize you would like to take and, if it is a physical prize, PM me your address so I can send it to you! I plan on visiting home (where I have all the prizes) in October and will be able to mail the prizes off then!

The Prize Pool (only 1 of each available, except the banner)

• A copy of Redwall: Friend and Foe
  • Redwall Season 1 DVD
  • A batch of candied nuts (a few cups worth)
  • A paper card (about the size of an index card) signed by Brian Jacques
  • A digital banner/picture of a wreath that says "RAF 5th Anniversary Art Contest "___" Place" <--- If you're not comfortable sending out your address, I'll give you one of these :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Rosie Willowwater

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Leatho Shellhound

Thank you so much for hosting this commemorative contest! All the entrys were really lovely!

P.S. I do hope you will be passing out some of those tasty looking candied chestnuts... 8)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on September 17, 2016, 01:28:16 AM
Thank you so much for hosting this commemorative contest! All the entrys were really lovely!

P.S. I do hope you will be passing out some of those tasty looking candied chestnuts... 8)

Lol well I'll add it to the list just in case anybody actually does want some, especially considering how easy they are to make!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Lady Amber

Dotti Dillworthy

(Apologies for the late reply because I was busy on schoolwork and organizing a song contest somewhere on the net)

Oh goodness me! I was at a loss for words, I was so shocked! But here I am again, just recovered from shock.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! And congratulations to my fellow winners! :')

To start with grabbing a prize from the pool, I would like nothing but something to add into my library: a Redwall Friend and Foe book, in dedication to my real-life bookworm friends (and students of my alma mater). The mailing address will be ready within a weekend.:))

Leatho Shellhound

I do believe I'll go with the card signed by Brian Jacques, for in 2011, I was about to send him a fan letter when that Sunday I learned he had passed away. I missed him by a month, and therefore I'd cherish the autograph.  8)

click the banner

Captain Tammo

@Leatho Shellhound - Signed Brian Jacques Card
@Dotti Lovegood - Redwall Friend or Foe
@Skarzs - Banner
@Faiyloe - Banner

By the way everyone, I'm home and picked up all the prizes. I'll let you know when I send them out to all of you ;D

Faiyloe

oh cool, I still get a prize. I would just like a banner...
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Sounds good! I'll work on getting those to you guys soon :)

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner