News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

When I was a kid I thought...

Started by Luftwaffles, April 27, 2017, 07:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

When I was a kid me and my siblings watched this animated TV show called Liberty's Kids, which was about the Revolutionary War, and Benedict Arnold was in some of the episodes. I had never heard of the name Benedict before, so I thought it was a word for "traitor". ('Cause Benedict was a traitor.) So when his wife called him Benedict I was confused and wondered why his own wife would call him a traitor. :P

Tam and Martin

:D NO WAY! @Lady Amber I watched that show too. Loved it alot actually.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a scarecrow. For real

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

MarianaRedWixi

I thought that my parents *actually* had security cameras in our house that could monitor my every move... let's just say that lie kept me in line for a while...
~What am I doing?~

Ashleg

*nervous laughing*
Until...somewhat recently, I thought that automatic sliding doors (at Target and such) were controlled by a person whose job was to sit in the security room and watch the camera for when someone was walking towards the door, then press a button to open it.

Lady Amber

Until a few weeks ago, I thought that shot glasses were called "shop glasses". I had never actually seen it written and it had always sounded like that was what people said. :P

Luftwaffles

Being fed with either American or British shows my entire early childhood, I thought I lived in one of those places until I was three :P
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Ashleg

I don't remember anything I thought before I was three.

Triss8

When I was a kid I thought that nap time and bedtime were pointless.

Triss8

When I was a kid I thought that nap time and bedtime were pointless.

alexandre

When I was younger, I though it made sense to move my rooks out first in a chess game
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Delthion

When I was younger, I had rock collections all over the neighborhood in which I lived back then, the neighbors even knew not to disturb them. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Perifaen

When I was younger I wouldn't eat syrup because it made me sticky and I hated that.
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Delthion

When I was a child I talked like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child.

(Brownie points for understanding what I am saying. ;D)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

Incorrect ;D  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. Nevertheless, childish does not equal childlike. For, as everyone knows, of such...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Delthion

Different translations my dear Wylder! ;D