News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

How big is a Wearat supposed to be?

Started by Ashleg, July 13, 2017, 12:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Specifically Razzid Wearat, since he is the only Wearat in the series.
I'm only on chapter three of The Rogue Crew, so keep yer spoilers in a spoiler.

I'm imagining him around the size of a smaller wildcat.

NovaNocturne

Wasn't there one in Mattimeo? I can't recall.

James Gryphon

That was a (the) Wearet; a very subtle, one-letter difference.
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg

That was the weasel-ferret, I assume. A Wearat is a weasel and water rat mix.

NovaNocturne

Well color be baffled. I clearly need to read all the books over. Don't mind if I do. Hehe.

Ashleg

a crumb

I haven't read either Mattimeo, Loamhedge (which also has a very brief appearance of a Wearet, same as Mattimeo) or the Rogue Crew recently, but I definitely recall that in all cases the creatures are presented as being very large and powerful, unnaturally so. The one in Mattimeo dealt easily w/ Matthias, iirc. Both of the Loamhedge-area Wearets were presented as of low intelligence. So it would appear the unnatural compilation of vermin species is completely warped.
Since Razzid has actual notable intelligence, and can be a leader, and I was always inclined to think of a smarter version as also being smaller, I'd think he's not as big as those two.

However, I think it depends on how you're inclined to measure the species' sizes in the first place.

Ashleg

As we just discussed, though, Razzid is not a Wearet but a Wearat. With an "a", making him a completely different species from the other two.
I do imagine him smaller than the Wearets, so you're right on that.

The Skarzs

A wearet is definitely smaller than a badger, as apparent in Mattimeo when whatshisname the badger killed him quite easily.
Spoiler
Razzid would have been smaller since he was killed by a small hedgehog. :P
[close]
(Not that sizes are completely dependent upon killing, but the ease with which it was done is a factor.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Quote from: Ashleg on July 13, 2017, 12:07:57 AM
I'm only on chapter three of The Rogue Crew, so keep yer spoilers in a spoiler.

Kill me with a spork.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

For your sake, there had better be multiple hedgehogs so at least that's a surprise. ::)

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

Don't worry, the spoiler isn't accurate.

(Or is it? >:D ;) )
« Subject to editing »

Ashleg