News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall

Started by Captain Tammo, June 29, 2011, 05:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the long patrol 2

Quote from: Captain Tammo on June 29, 2011, 05:22:34 PM
hey guys, I've been wondering, what's the history behind the ditch in front of redwall?  ??? I'm thinking it was from building and landscaping parts of the abbey?

What do you think?
No the ditch was there in "Mossflower' the book BEFORE they build the abbey.

Nightfire

I still think it's a dried up river. :P
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Log-a-Log

This is a suggestion, but maybe it could've been a very, very, very small abyss like the one in Mattimeo, although once again, much much smaller. 
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Taggerung The Otter

;D maybee it was used as a defense system
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Captain Tammo

I guess we'll never know for sure. I kind of like not knowing much about Mossflower and the world of redwall... It keeps things interesting. If everything was perfectly simple and clear as black and white, what fun would that be??? It would take away from the adventure in my opinion..
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Taggerung The Otter

if'n ye read MOSSFLOWER ye would see dat Diny, Gnoff, and Martin Jumped o'er a ditch. This is the didtch in fron o' Redwall.  ;D
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Gears

yup, but i think it was dug so an enemy could only charge the gates if they were over ditch, thus in weapon range.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Taggerung The Otter

how would it have been dug as an attack syrem if'n there was noting tae attack

Nightfire

I think it may have been a defense system developed by those that built Kotir.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Taggerung The Otter

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Nightfire on November 28, 2011, 03:44:09 PM
I think it may have been a defense system developed by those that built Kotir.

Never thought of that.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Taggerung The Otter

but then why was it so far from Kotir

Skipper

its not, if you read long patrol it says the south wall of the abbey is built on one of Koiters walls so it isnt far from Koiter

Taggerung The Otter

Nightfire

Think: Kotir, vs an invading army. The army would have to cross the ditch first, and that would give the Kotir defenders time to fire off a few dozen volleys of arrows, which would mow down the first batch of invanders.

That would actually make an interesting fanfic....