News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

BrookSkimmer's Art

Started by BrookSkimmer, June 16, 2012, 08:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Photoshop Elements mostly... sometimes a little ArtRage too. I've got my ol' faithful Wacom Grafire tablet to draw on.

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflor

I was just wondering when are you going to do Riverrun

AWSOME!!!!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

BrookSkimmer

Eventually... I can't say really. I just do a picture I feel like doing when I have time.

Romsca

Could you also do Romsca please?  ;)

BrookSkimmer

Sure! At some point I will!

Leatho Shellhound

Buckler is now my favorite from the ones you have drawn!!!!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

MatthiasMan

BrookSkimmer, just wanted to let you know:

Since everyone here wants to get something in you don't have to do Danderson. The less stress on you the better, so I'm calling it off. Just saying, you don't have to if you really don't WANT too. So that's that.

Thanks for even saying you would've done it. ;)
Means a lot,

M&M

BrookSkimmer

@MM: Your request is totally fine and still on my list! I was just telling people I pick randomly based on the right muse hitting me. Sooner or later your character will be drawn.

Don't worry, there's no stress for me in any of this. I do the drawings for fun when I feel like. I'm happy to be able to make others smile by seeing their characters drawn.  ;D

Something Horrifying

Wow, VERY nice!

Just wondering, have you ever tried Paint Tool Sai? I've been using it a bit lately, and really diggin' it (the last picture in my art thread was all in Sai). The other program I love is Corel Painter Essentials (if you have a Wacom, it might have come with it? Mine did)--the fine point pen brush is great for lines and flat color. I like some of the watercolor brushes too.

By the way, any advice for someone that wants to learn to draw animals? I would love to doodle some of my Redwall characters, but I can't. D:
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

BrookSkimmer

Hi! Thanks for the info! Never heard of Sai except for what the ninja turtle carries :D

I've tired Corel Painter but I had an older version and din't like it too much. The newer one seems really expensive.

I can put up a "how to" type sheet for basic Redwall animals since I have sketches of most of the diffident species. I'll put that up here soon.

Something Horrifying

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on December 12, 2012, 01:54:58 AM
Hi! Thanks for the info! Never heard of Sai except for what the ninja turtle carries :D

I've tired Corel Painter but I had an older version and din't like it too much. The newer one seems really expensive.

I can put up a "how to" type sheet for basic Redwall animals since I have sketches of most of the diffident species. I'll put that up here soon.
I have Corel Painter Essentials 4. The other program I TOTALLY SWEAR BY
is
ms paint, yo.
B)

And thanks, that would be completely awesome! I ended up doodling a couple of my characters as humans, a while back, just for fun (Damyan, and my first Redwall MUCK character Lillian). I like being able to draw my own characters doing stupid things, though, and it's sad I can't doodle any of these characters because I can't draw rats (or others...but let's face it, pretty much all my characters are rats XD).
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Osu

Ahh, that Buckler is SO CUTE. I want to hug him! =3 These are very nice!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Tiria Wildlough

Could you draw my Tournament character, Slassen?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

BrookSkimmer

@Osu: Aw, thanks! :D

@Tiria: I'll put Slassen on the list. I am intrigued by this character's design.