News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

how does cornflower die?

Started by mattimouse20, July 20, 2012, 08:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattimouse20

What happens to cornflower? Does she die of old age?
just wait until I make my daring escape!

Flandor

It's presumed (and possibly mentioned in the Pearls of Lutra, but I am not certain) that she dies of old age, yes.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

mattimouse20

That's sad.  :'(she was so pretty in the series.

Myrkin

It was inevitable that she would die at some time. However, she had a good life (despite problems caused by Cluny, Slagar and Ironbeak), so I'm sure she had no regrets on her deathbed and she could pass away peacefully, knowing that he Abbey and her loved ones will have happy and safe lives.

Flandor

It would have been far more sad if she hadn't died of old age.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

mattimouse20

if you watch the intro of the third season to redwall,martin the warrior, look closely at the scene where matthias speaks and you'll see cornflower for a brief second. she's actually aged quite a bit since the last two seasons.

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.

redwallgurl

your mean! NO it would be better if she died of old age thank you very much!
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Flandor

I don't find her getting old and passing away disturbing.  That's nature, and it's the most peaceful way somebody can go.  Anyone is lucky to live to an old age and pass away gently.

Martin the warrior

beside BJ will sometimes  say if the beast died from sickness or from war
Apples is ripe when they are ready  
When pears is ripe they'll fall
What must happen will happen or       
it won't happen at all

To love, you must first love yourself

phoenixfoden

Redwallfan7

It was old age, the same with Martin and Matthias.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

brocka

Yes, I agree, aging is not disturbing. It is a continuing opportunity to learn and give of your ever-improving self. I believe that is what Cornflower did throughout her life. She died peacefully because of her efforts, and the efforts of others like her, to maintain peace for the future. It's all good.

The Shade

Nah, a sneaky weasel came in the abbey one night, and creeped through the window, drew his dagger and.......
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Shadowed One

And what? WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!! ;)
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc