News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felldoh_b

[Ticket ordering continued]

Train ticket salesman: That'll be 130 kroner per ticket.

Elling: 130 kroner? The last time mother and I took the train to Larvik the ticket cost 25.

Train ticket salesman: That must have been about 30 years ago.

Elling: Yes

[Elling is about to order two train tickets to Oslo]

Train ticket salesman: Yes?

Elling: Yes!

Train ticket salesman: You're going to?

Elling: Yes, we! Kjell Bjarne and I are going to Oslo of course.

Train ticket salesman: One way?

Elling: There are more ways?
"No sir. I don't like it."

Maudie

"Love isn't an emotion, it's a promise." -The Doctor
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

^ Wow, so true.

I didn't realize Doctor Who could be that profound...
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jetthebinturong

... Have you ever watched it? Because Doctor Who is fairly regularly profound.

"When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."
~ The Eleventh Doctor, Doctor Who: Time of the Doctor.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

Sherlock Season 4
"I wrote my own version of the nativity when I was a child. "The Hungry Donkey." It was a bit gory, but if you're gonna put a baby in a manger, you're asking for trouble."
-Moriarty

Euros's song: "I that am lost, oh who will find me?
Deep down below the old beech tree
Help succour me now the east winds blow
Sixteen by six, brother, and under we go!

Without your love, he'll be gone before
Save pity for strangers, show love the door.
My soul seek the shade of my willow's bloom
Inside, brother mine -
Let Death make a room.

Be not afraid to walk in the shade
Save one, save all, come try!
My steps - five by seven
Life is closer to Heaven
Look down, with dark gaze, from on high.

Before he was gone - right back over my (h)ill
Who now will find him?
Why, nobody will
Doom shall I bring to him, I that am queen
Lost forever, nine by nineteen."

Sherlock: Eurus, you said the answer's in the song  but I went through the song line by line all those years ago and I found nothing. I couldn't find anything. And there-there was a beech tree in the grounds and I dug. I dug and dug and dug and dug. Sixteen feet by six; sixteen yards; sixteen meters – and I found nothing. No-one.
John: Sherlock?
Euros: It was a clever little puzzle, wasn't it? So why couldn't you work it out, Sherlock?
John: Sherlock? There's something you need to know.
Euros: Emotional context. And he-e-e-e-re it comes.
John: Sherlock? The bones I found.
Sherlock: Yes? They're dogs' bones. That's Redbeard.
John: Mycroft's been lying to you; to both of us. They're not dogs' bones.
Euros: Remember Daddy's allergy? What was he allergic to? What would he never let you have all those times you begged? Well, he'd never let you have a dog. What a funny little memory, Sherlock. You were upset, so you told yourself a better story. But we never had a dog.
Sherlock: Victor.
Euros: Now it's coming.
Sherlock: Victor Trevor. We played pirates. I was Yellowbeard and he was... he was Redbeard.
Euros: You were inseparable. But I wanted to play too.
Sherlock: Oh. Oh God. What... what did you do?
Euros: I that am lost; Oh, who will find me; Deep down below; The old beech tree?
Sherlock: Victor.
Euros: Deep waters, Sherlock, all your life. In all your dreams. Deep waters.
Sherlock: You killed him. You killed my best friend.
Euros: I never had a best friend. I had no-one.
[close]

I'm retired from the forum

Jukka the Sling

@Jet:  I've only seen the episode with the peg dolls, and that was ages ago.  We still own the episode on Amazon, though, and I know some random factoids about the show in general.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Eulaliaaa!

"I love my Redwall Abbey, it is a place of peace and plenty."
- Abbott Saxtus, Mariel of Redwall
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Maudie

"The only way anyone can live in peace is if they're prepared to forgive." -also The Doctor.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Feles

"Beat the devil out of it."- Bob Ross
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Jetthebinturong

DOCTOR: And we're off! Fingers on buzzers! Are you feeling lucky? Are you ready to play the game? Who's going to be quickest? Who's going to be luckiest?
KATE: This is not a game!
DOCTOR: No, it's not a game, sweetheart, and I mean that most sincerely.
BONNIE: Why are you doing this?
KATE: Yes, I'd quite like to know that, too. You set this up. Why?
DOCTOR: Because it's not a game, Kate! This is a scale model of war. Every war ever fought, right there in front of you. Because it's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn! How many hearts will be broken! How many lives shattered! How much blood will spill until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning. SIT DOWN AND TALK!
~ Doctor Who: The Zygon Inversion
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Luftwaffles

"I'd rather try and fail than regret not have tried".

"My company is being sued because we purposely launch flawed products into the market and then make millions betting that they would fail. It almost sounds as if they were mad at me for being smart".

"I told them that my plan was idiot-proof. They didn't understand it, so that proves they are idiots".

"When did ignorance become a point of view?"

"Begone, demons of stupidity!"
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Ungatt Trunn

"The pain doesn't go away. You just make room for it."
~ Andrea, The Walking Dead Season 2

Glenn: "Are you trying to buy my silence with fruit?"
Maggie: "Of course not. There's also jerky."
~ The Walking Dead Season 2

Life is too short to rush through it.

Feles

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." ~ Sun Tzu

"All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Offer the enemy bait to lure him." ~  Sun Tzu

"It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both." ~ Niccolò Machiavelli

"I have always thought the actions of men the best interpreters of their thoughts." ~ John Locke
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Ashleg

Luftwaffles

"The paintings and stuffed skins of long-gone species seem to have all been frozen in time with an eternal look of disapproval painted across their faces. It's not a look of rage, it's not a look of suffering, it's a look of cold, hard disfavor. And we earned it".
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!