News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blindsimeonjtp

who likes starwars. revenge of the sith is my favorite!

Hoopla

I use to be a huge fan of starwars  :D
... But now i like halo.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

AxeHound

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Capn Greypatch

Pretty big Star Wars fan here...Empire Strikes back and the Phantom Menace are my favourites!
Revenge of the Sith was also good, but I got so angry at several parts - Analkin couldve been stopped so many times. And then when he killed the padowans, I was so sad/mad...
Pretty emotional movie. :P
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Dannflower Reguba

I have to say that the Sith are:

1.) Stupid, their strategies are terrible!
2.) Annoying, they are so darn OP!
3.) Vain, have you ever seen a Sith that was nice?
4.) Overrated, they are way less awesome than people seem to think.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Dawnwing

It's kind of strange since I'm a computers major (read: nerd), but I've never really been interested in the whole space science fiction genre.  I prefer fantasy, mostly.

AxeHound

Quote from: danflorreguba on October 09, 2012, 04:19:09 AM
I have to say that the Sith are:

1.) Stupid, their strategies are terrible!
2.) Annoying, they are so darn OP!
3.) Vain, have you ever seen a Sith that was nice?
4.) Overrated, they are way less awesome than people seem to think.

1.) Lord Sidious' takeover of the entire Galaxy worked pretty well.
2.) OP? What does this mean?
3.) Sith need not be 'nice'. We are better than that.
4.) Two words: Darth Maul.

Dannflower Reguba

1.) That's because he cheated with clones, and that was the only time their plans worked.
2.) (overpowered) I mean come one, how come they get  all this strength that the Jedi don't have? Have you ever seen a Jedi use Lighting?
3.) That doesn't mean that Sith aren't vain arrogant snobs.
4.) Yeah, the guy that was killed by a Padawan, and only managed to kill Gui Gon Jin because he was a coward, that's the very definition of over-rated.

I'm pretty much just stating the reasons why I hate 'em.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

AxeHound

Quote from: danflorreguba on October 09, 2012, 07:33:01 PM
1.) That's because he cheated with clones, and that was the only time their plans worked.
2.) (overpowered) I mean come one, how come they get  all this strength that the Jedi don't have? Have you ever seen a Jedi use Lighting?
4.) Yeah, the guy that was killed by a Padawan, and only managed to kill Gui Gon Jin because he was a coward, that's the very definition of over-rated.

Sith gain the use of lightning (our most destructive power) by focusing our hatred and anger. This is something the Jedi fools would never do. Maul was not killed by Kenobi. He came back to wreak his vengeance upon his mortal enemy.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ach, zome fierce opinionz oot here.

Quote from: danflorreguba on October 09, 2012, 07:33:01 PM
2.) (overpowered) I mean come one, how come they get  all this strength that the Jedi don't have? Have you ever seen a Jedi use Lighting?

To answer some of these questionz, the following:
1. He didn't "cheat". He used the Republic's weaknesses and exploited them. That's not cheating. That's merely strategy. That's the main source of the sith's power. They merely use manipulation.
2. For the first, they believe that the jedi only embrace a small part of the force, and that only the way of the sith can allow one to reach their full potential. For the second, Luke Skywalker is but one example.
3. Some of them are arrogant, aye; but there are just as many who aren't.
4. Unfortunately, your argument leaves much to be desired. How could he be a coward when it was two against one? The fact that he was able to keep them on the defense for the majority alone shows that he was not cowardly at all. Qui-gon was getting old, and Obi-wan was almost finished with his training, and he merely caught him by surprise.

An' the fact tha' ye hate them merely placez ye clozer tae them.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dannflower Reguba

Hating those who manipulate (hate among other things) does not place me closer to them.

Jedi are honorable and would not resort to such cheap tactics as using something that corrupts, and name ONE Sith who wasn't arrogant. I'm pretty sure that Darht Maul comging back in the Clone Wars was just for the series, and he probably just dies again. When is two Jedi versus one OP manipulating Cheapskate unfair? And Darth Maul was just as often on the defense as well, if not more so, have you seen how much he runs away? Luke NEVER uses Lighting, Yoda was the only to use it, and that was because he absorbed it. Yes the Chancellor did cheat, he was a coward who knew he was going to win so he backstabbed the Republic with something they didn't even know existed (order 66). 

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Wid ye care tae check your opinionz on wookieepedia.com, and then perhapz edit your post zae it iz correct.

Dannflower Reguba

Riiiiigggggghhhhtttttt, and since when was a wiki given credit? My statements are comletely valid.

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D