Castaways of the Flying Dutchman Discussion

Started by Matthias720, July 07, 2011, 04:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Quote from: White One6193 on August 24, 2011, 02:14:11 AM
I think this was Brian's masterpiece. It certainly was the best set of supernatural/historical fiction I've ever read... Twas a shame that Serafina died, though. Poor Ben. Brian, may he rest in peace, was the one author who got me started reading...

Brian got me reading too. I think it's sad that Ben will most likely never see serafina again, unless someone kills him. So wait, if Ben was stabbed through the heart, would he still live?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Captain Tammo

Ooooooo I get it now. he can still die, he just doesn't AGE
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Coobreedan

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 19, 2011, 09:05:47 PM
Neb and den and Ben and Ned are the best team EVER!

I like how they completely messed up their names. Shortened them, then turned them inside out.

Coobreedan-------Coob------------Booc---------Book

Cool.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Lutra

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 24, 2011, 04:12:39 PM
Ooooooo I get it now. he can still die, he just doesn't AGE

I never gathered he could die, because the angel always forced Ben and Ned to move on to others who needed help.  I also felt it was to prevent suspicion that there was something unusual about him (the fact he did not age).
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Mad Maudie

my second favorite series besides Redwall the first one is my favorite   
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Captain Tammo

I simply can't decide which is my favorite, they're all awesome!

Mad Maudie

well my older way older sister got me voyage of the slaves from the library when i was sick so i read the last one first and i love it but i also love the first one i am still on the second so do not spoil why it is so sad i mean anaconda dies but i am sure thouron (I think that is spelled right)  does too but he is awesome
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Storm Gullwhacker

I really liked this series. Castaways of the Flying Dutchman was my favorite.
I come from the place of Redwall,
             I am a dangerous foe,
I am a Warrior Maid,
                   I am...

Storm Gullwhacker!

Rimant the Warrior

I agree with Tammo.  I am so sad that Brian was not able to write anymore books in this series. :'(  It was a very good well done book series and I enjoyed it when I actually started reading it.  It took my sister several attempts to get me to read that series.  I was so absorbed by Redwall that I did not want to read anything else even books written by the same author.
Rimant the Warrior

Coobreedan

I find them very hard to read compared to Redwall. I've read a bit of the first and a bit of the last.

Mad Maudie

he technically could not finish them i mean Ben lives forever and always oh i love Ben
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Lutra

I think if you went long enough and enough books in the series were written, you'd be stuck with another Redwall formula of predictability, so maybe it was good that Mr. Jacques chose not to focus a lot of writing time on this series to make each story a bit more unique and less predictable.  :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Nightfire

I actually came close to having a crush on Ben. Sigh...yet another made-up book character that I have fallen in love with.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Icefire

Quote from: Nightfire on October 07, 2011, 03:33:14 PM
I actually came close to having a crush on Ben. Sigh...yet another made-up book character that I have fallen in love with.
LOL Funny how that works, huh?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!