News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Norham (Completed)

Started by Norham Waterpaw, March 06, 2013, 01:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quickpaw

"Okay..." he said as she left. So she had something against vermin, who didn't? At least she saved him. Vash looked between the forest(with Rigjim) and Redwall. He'd rather be there than here. "Hey, wait up!" he shouted to her, running after her.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura turned quickly, hearing somebeast approaching. She reached for her cutlass, then- oh, it was just Vash. She relaxed. "Decided to join in after all? I'll see if I can get you some food and a good bed inside the abbey tonight." Then she shouted to the walltop again. This time an old mouse appeared. He peered down at the two creatures below, then, wide-eyed, he shouted at Antura. "Look out! There's a weasel behind you, miss Antura!" Antura merely smiled and replied, "It's okay- he's my friend! Now are you going to let us in or not?" The mouse, grumbling loudly, came down and opened the small wicker wallgate to admit the two young creatures. As they passed, the mouse glared at Vash, then said to Antura, "Hmph. You keep a sharp eye on that weasel, miss. He's your responsibility." Antura nodded and headed toward the west wall, where most of the action was going on.

OOC: Am I making my posts too long? They seem really long to me. Sorry- I'll try to keep them shorter.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Quickpaw

OOC: I personally like long posts, it adds to the detail. Even though I don't always post ongoing posts myself, I try to when I can.

BIC: Vash nodded, avoiding the glare. After the had walked of a bit, Vash spoke. "I'm your friend? I thought you didn't like vermin. Why'd you help me get into the abbey?" he asked her quietly. "I mean I'm greatful and all, but I've never bean treated this nicely before, and I'm just curious." he added, hoping he didn't seem like a jerk.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

OOC: Thanks- I was just making sure.

BIC: Antura shrugged. "I don't really know why. I guess I just noticed that you were... different than most vermin. Something told me to trust you, so I did. And now I've got a new friend. I mean, that's if you want to be." She faced forward again, smiling ruefully. Oh, what do I know about weasels? The only ones I've encountered are dead by now- except Vash. Why? Antura shook her head in bewilderment.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Quickpaw

"Why not? I could use a friend. And thanks again, for everything. But just to let you know, it's not always best to trust your gut, because it's might not always be right." Vash said to her. "At least it was this time." he told her.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura nodded thoughtfully. "Thanks for the advice, Vash. Are you ready to see what we can do at the front gate? It sounds pretty bad over there."

Quickpaw

"Can I do something else to help?" he asked her, not wanting to participate in the battle.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

Norham was in one of his crazed rages again, fighting through all odds of losing. The vermin had to retreat, for just seeing a crazed otter, a badger, and a trained fighting hare sent the archers off in a mad scramble. The catapulters ( is that a word? ) would not budge, they kept a heavy bombardment on the walls and main gate from the safety of the other side of the ditch. The vermin around the catapults formed firing lines, one group fire, drop, and the next group would fire. Slingstones and arrows peppered the small war party of three. They had to retreat, Tobias having to drag Norham away from the fight. Norham had seen his foe, the great White Wildcat, Riggaeo Starswift.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Quickpaw

"Woah." Vash uttered, viewing from the wall. "That beast is crazy!" he shouted.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

Norham was finally calmed down, he sat with his back against a young oak tree. He stared at the monolithic building. Redwall, he finally made it to Redwall. His thoughts were interupted by Tobias' yelling. "Ahoy, up on the walls! There happens to be a vermin horde at your front gate, mind if we come in through this one?" Norham could not help but chuckle. Tobias, no matter how dire the situation, could always keep a sarcastic sense of humor.

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Quickpaw

"I happen to take that offensively!" Vash shouted down, though he didn't mean it. The gate opened.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura, who was standing next to Vash, chuckled at his reply to the hare below. "Vash- you asked earlier if there's anything else you can do to help. I guess you don't like battles, right? And that's fine- I'm sure the infirmary or the kitchens could always use an extra pair of paws. If that suits you, I can get you set up with something to do."

Quickpaw

"Okay, I will." he said to her. He wasn't that good with either, but how hard would assisting professionals be?
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura smiled wryly at Vash. "You don't sound too pleased. What do you like to do? I'll try to find a task that will interest you."

Quickpaw

"No no, I'll be fine. There's probably nothing here that my specialties would benefit. I should probably just help in the kitchen. Don't want my face to scare the babies in the infirmary." he said, starting to walk down.
I LOVE 80's music.