News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Redwall Video Game Kickstarter

Started by scarlet, April 29, 2013, 04:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VedCassib

I've been gone most of the day, I'm finally back and I solved the next step of the puzzle! I let you guys try to figure it out for now. ;)

VedCassib

It looks like the third part of the puzzle is up! It was a little bit easier than the second one. Can't wait for the fourth!

Dawnwing

So, here's the pieces of the puzzle so far:

Spoiler

OF :: 4                      SUMMER :: 2
WILTETH :: 10

[close]

Also, I just noticed the hashtag that was used on the Twitter post on the second page.  That made me chuckle, seeing the hex code for "red" instead of the word itself.  

And thanks for the update on Kickstarter.  Good to learn a little more about the progress of the game. :)

Dawnwing

Quote from: Romsca on May 04, 2013, 02:41:19 PM

Would someone mind answering my question?

Quote from: Romsca on May 04, 2013, 01:13:21 AM
I know the answer to this is probably obvious, and it's probably been answered before, but will this be a computer download or a CD-ROM for sale? And, will it work for both Macs and PC's, or just PC's? (I currently have a Mac)

I just found the answer on their site:
QuotePC/Mac as primary experience. Tablets as secondary. A console option is a maybe, we'll see how it goes.

VedCassib

Quote from: Dawnwing on May 05, 2013, 07:16:38 AM
So, here's the pieces of the puzzle so far:

Spoiler

OF :: 4                      SUMMER :: 2
WILTETH :: 10

[close]

Also, I just noticed the hashtag that was used on the Twitter post on the second page.  That made me chuckle, seeing the hex code for "red" instead of the word itself.  

And thanks for the update on Kickstarter.  Good to learn a little more about the progress of the game. :)

That's awesome! I was trying to figure out what it meant. I didn't think about it being hex code.

Dawnwing

Mods, I know this is the discussion thread for the game, but would it be possible for me to make a second thread to compile everything we know about it - information and links and everything - which I'd update regularly?  I think that would help answer questions, having all the information in one place, instead of having it spread out everywhere on this thread and multiple sites.  :)

Romsca

Quote from: Dawnwing on May 05, 2013, 07:32:27 AM
Quote from: Romsca on May 04, 2013, 02:41:19 PM

Would someone mind answering my question?

Quote from: Romsca on May 04, 2013, 01:13:21 AM
I know the answer to this is probably obvious, and it's probably been answered before, but will this be a computer download or a CD-ROM for sale? And, will it work for both Macs and PC's, or just PC's? (I currently have a Mac)

I just found the answer on their site:
QuotePC/Mac as primary experience. Tablets as secondary. A console option is a maybe, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks!!!

sir squidsalot

I wish I could help, but I am too young to have a PayPal account. Maybe if I kidnapped sky and stole his butter I could donate that...

LordTBT

Quote from: Dawnwing on May 05, 2013, 08:55:30 AM
Mods, I know this is the discussion thread for the game, but would it be possible for me to make a second thread to compile everything we know about it - information and links and everything - which I'd update regularly?  I think that would help answer questions, having all the information in one place, instead of having it spread out everywhere on this thread and multiple sites.  :)

All the known information is available on one page...there isn't much that actually is "known" yet.
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Redwall:_The_Warrior_Reborn

Dawnwing

Quote from: LordTBT on May 05, 2013, 04:06:17 PM

All the known information is available on one page...there isn't much that actually is "known" yet.

Well, there's quite a bit not on that page that I've been thinking of. 
- A link to the Kickstarter of course
- A detailed explanation of what exactly the Kickstarter is for - they have said that they're mostly funding the game through traditional means, so it's more to gain interest and fund AbbeyCraft, and then apply stretch goals to the game itself
- Stretch goals that they've just announced (Minecraft server, Gatehouse, and Traitor's Den expansion [which would add another playable race])
- They said in the week 1 recap that they're currently planning on three playable races, which they're thinking will be mice, squirrels, and badgers
- They're currently looking at a release date of 9-15 months from now
- The page currently just says "PC/Mac".  They said PC/Mac primarily, tablets secondary, and *maybe* consoles depending on funding.
- On the Facebook page they said yesterday that they'd be doing a contest in the future where the prize is Martin's sword (they view it as the coolest prize possible)
- Each piece of the puzzle at http://www.somagames.com/art/RW/boat.php  ; questions, answers, and clues revealed
- Links to news articles and such

LordTBT

Quote from: Dawnwing on May 05, 2013, 04:31:43 PM
Quote from: LordTBT on May 05, 2013, 04:06:17 PM

Well, there's quite a bit not on that page that I've been thinking of. 
- A link to the Kickstarter of course
- A detailed explanation of what exactly the Kickstarter is for - they have said that they're mostly funding the game through traditional means, so it's more to gain interest and fund AbbeyCraft, and then apply stretch goals to the game itself
- Stretch goals that they've just announced (Minecraft server, Gatehouse, and Traitor's Den expansion [which would add another playable race])
- They said in the week 1 recap that they're currently planning on three playable races, which they're thinking will be mice, squirrels, and badgers
- They're currently looking at a release date of 9-15 months from now
- The page currently just says "PC/Mac".  They said PC/Mac primarily, tablets secondary, and *maybe* consoles depending on funding.
- On the Facebook page they said yesterday that they'd be doing a contest in the future where the prize is Martin's sword (they view it as the coolest prize possible)
- Each piece of the puzzle at http://www.somagames.com/art/RW/boat.php  ; questions, answers, and clues revealed
- Links to news articles and such

I think essentially re-posting the information contained on the Kickstarter page (E.g. every update) in the RW page is wholly unnecessary, that's what the Kickstarter page itself is for - and besides, those updates technically ARE for backers of the project. I know everyone out there has at least $1, right?

The week 1 recap information, which we covered in a news article, is not set in stone, as they indicated. It's shouldn't be included in the RW article when that information is subject to change. 

The page says "intent for release on Mac, PC, and potentially tablets and consoles" in the very first sentence. That covers the platform release. Mac/PC is the only confirmed two, which is why they are the only two listed in the template. But I know you read the first sentence. ;)

The contest itself hasn't been announced. Just listing that there will be a contest isn't helpful if people can't be directed anywhere.

As the puzzle itself hasn't been finished (and can't be), listing the answers on a public page takes the fun out of solving it for people.

So again, all officially "known" information about the game is in that article. Everything else is hypothetical at this point.

rachel25

Me and my dad had a look at the warrior reborn I really want to play it  8) But there was something about money and I was wondering  ??? do you have to pay, do you have to download it onto your computer, and is it ready to play now, and if so has anyone played it.  ???  :P If you have played it please tell me about it because my dad sayys I can,t play it without learning more about it  :'(  ::) if you know anything about it please PM me  ;D

Dawnwing

Quote from: LordTBT on May 05, 2013, 05:46:55 PM
-post-
The week 1 recap information, which we covered in a news article, is not set in stone, as they indicated. It's shouldn't be included in the RW article when that information is subject to change.  

The page says "intent for release on Mac, PC, and potentially tablets and consoles" in the very first sentence. That covers the platform release. Mac/PC is the only confirmed two, which is why they are the only two listed in the template. But I know you read the first sentence. ;)

The contest itself hasn't been announced. Just listing that there will be a contest isn't helpful if people can't be directed anywhere.

As the puzzle itself hasn't been finished (and can't be), listing the answers on a public page takes the fun out of solving it for people.

So again, all officially "known" information about the game is in that article. Everything else is hypothetical at this point.

I admit that I missed the news posts; I'm used to seeing things like that on the actual page for similar things on other sites like book releases.  (And I did miss the first line as well.  xD)
My general idea was to combine everything -  not just the stuff on the Kickstarter page, but also blog posts from the Soma Games Site, Facebook, etc.   Even if the information will change, the page can change with it.  (And as far as the puzzle, the idea was to put it behind a spoiler tag, so people don't *have* to look at the answer.)  I've just seen (and created) threads like this on other sites, and didn't know how the wiki page worked, so I thought it would be helpful here.
Perhaps you could link to those news posts on the article page?

Quote from: rachel25 on May 05, 2013, 07:57:40 PM
Me and my dad had a look at the warrior reborn I really want to play it  8) But there was something about money and I was wondering  ??? do you have to pay, do you have to download it onto your computer, and is it ready to play now, and if so has anyone played it.  ???  :P If you have played it please tell me about it because my dad sayys I can,t play it without learning more about it  :'(  ::) if you know anything about it please PM me  ;D
The game is not created yet and won't be ready for 9-15 months; they're currently generating interest and raising money.  I'll explain it a little more in a PM to you. ;)

LordTBT

Quote from: Dawnwing on May 05, 2013, 08:10:45 PM
I admit that I missed the news posts; I'm used to seeing things like that on the actual page for similar things on other sites like book releases.  (And I did miss the first line as well.  xD)
My general idea was to combine everything -  not just the stuff on the Kickstarter page, but also blog posts from the Soma Games Site, Facebook, etc.   Even if the information will change, the page can change with it.  (And as far as the puzzle, the idea was to put it behind a spoiler tag, so people don't *have* to look at the answer.)  I've just seen (and created) threads like this on other sites, and didn't know how the wiki page worked, so I thought it would be helpful here.
Perhaps you could link to those news posts on the article page?

I can accommodate that, but I would also suggest following us on Facebook and/or Twitter. Quickest/best way to get updates!  8)

Rusvul