MeadowR's Redwall Drawings. Most currently not showing - thanks, image hoster

Started by MeadowR, June 29, 2013, 12:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeadowR

Finally done the sketchy trade! As I said yesterday, do hope you like it, Rosie (and appreciate you waiting)! :)

Cornflower:

Please click to enlarge the pic! This is my first image upload to a new image hoster and I hope I have copied and pasted the correct link thingy. :0
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

MeadowR

Here's a picture I've been working on for quite a while. I draw so many quick doodles for Redwall, I wanted to spend more time on one, and draw more 'baddies', and I had the image of Ungatt Trunn in Badgerlord... Thingybob's chamber for a pic I've wanted to do for ages. Forced myself to really work on perspective and ensuring I got believable items within the bedroom, going for a medieval look. The original sketch ended up being extended on to other pieces of paper, so it was a bit of a bother keeping it all together and then scanning it separately and piecing it together again neatly(ish) in Photoshop. >_< Probably more I could have done, but I get fed up after so long and I think it works okay enough as it is...

Ungatt is just rising from being sat on the bed within the stolen bedchamber. He is not a happy cat...

But yeah, took a long time for me (please no critiques at this stage; I'm aware of things! and don't want to do anything more, but would like to do more detailed pieces for Redwall soon). I know it's a quiet and difficult time right now, and I cannot put off uploading this because it's done and dusted for me, so I hope some people might notice this xD... I really do hope it's liked! :)

(Please click for 'full' image; haven't tested how shrunk it looks yet. It is a pretty big picture, I guess there will be some quality damage done on these site versions. EDIT: When you click on the link and then click it again it comes out huuuge. :0 Maybe don't click it a third time!)

Ps. In submitting this, does it automatically go towards the competition or do you have to specifically say? Might be the only thing I can really contribute to the contest...

Thanks for looking!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

NovaNocturne

Ashleg

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Wow really nicely done, MeadowRabbit! The color in these pictures looks fantastic! I don't quite know how to describe it... The floorboards all look delicately drawn; the spiders are a really nice touch for a character like Trunn; the portrait on the wall has a nice intrigue to it; the skull at the base of the bed seems to be a mix between a trophy and a doorstop... The picture here tells a bit of a story in itself and that's not an easy thing to do!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

MeadowR

Thank you! :)

Ashleg - I do the occasional trade. Just takes longer for me to get them done these days due to time, etc. If you want to do one some time I'd like to! :D I can't dedicate so much time and detail on it as I did with that last picture, but we could still agree to make the trade a 'fuller' picture with a background and the like, if you wanted... or one more like the one I did with Rosie, or one in between. Just let me know if you want to do anything whenever. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

Oh, trust me, I take a long time too. I owe a few others some things as well.

Shading and backgrounds in trades are usually a given for me unless otherwise specified by the receiver. So...you know. Ayy.

Wylder Treejumper

That looks great, Meadow! I love the work you put into the background.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

MeadowR

Thanks! :)

@Ashleg - No problem. So, whenever, just let me know any ideas, discuss, and we will get to it when we can!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014