News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Hidden Within the Walls RP thread

Started by rachel25, October 07, 2013, 03:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Abbess Fern smiled. Bryony's song had reminded her of her husband Mycroft, who had once been with the Long Patrol. Speaking of Mycroft, where was he? He couldn't still be asleep?
   Fern looked up. Oh, there he is. By the pond, playing with Mayflower and Brinkut. She watched them a moment, but then the next auditioner came up, a little squirrelbabe named Wiklam. He began his song.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

Lupine looked up when he was done, "Wiklam that was very nice, but why weren't you in the front with the other Dibbuns?"

Jukka the Sling

Wiklam shuffled his tiny footpaws and twirled his bushy tail awkwardly. "I waked up too late, Sista. No other Dibbuns waked me up in time. I had brefkist an' then comed to sing."

"You sang very well," Abbess Fern told him, smiling.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

rachel25

"Yes." Agreed Lupine, "Now run along, the auditions are now closed. Me and the Abbess will tell everyone the results at afternoon tea."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"Yay!" cheered Glirid and several of the other dibbuns and they all ran off to play in the Orchard.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

rachel25

Cien had left Great Hall and had gone down to Cavern Hole feeling some what depressed, but his good mood returned when he heard the Friar in the kitchen singing some outrageous song of his.
A smile spread across Cien's face, he might need to hid the strong brandy or the Abbey would never be quiet again.

Jukka the Sling

After tea, the Abbess and Sister Lupine called together the Dibbuns and everybeast who had auditioned to give the results.

"Did I win?" yelled the squirrelbabe Wiklam. Fern's daughter Mayflower (who had not auditioned because she was quiet and rather shy) shushed him. "My mummy and the Sister are going to tell you if you won. You must be quiet now."

Fern smiled at everybeast present. "Sister Lupine and I have made our choices. Lupine will read out who will be in the musical." The Abbess looked at Lupine, motioning her to start reading the list.

Cornflower MM

OOC: i decided to leave the deciding of whether or not she sings good.......

Bryony waited with baited breath...she wasn't sure if she if she REALLY wanted to be in the Musical or not..

rachel25

Sister Lupine cleared her throat and read out the list of names of the ones who were chosen. "Ahem, Glirid, Wiklam, Toffe, Kopti, Bryony, Sister Lucy, Jackrum, Brother Alk, Sister Fugt, Crchut, Balis, Matthew, Tuick, Bendin, Gladis, Hertol, Chiptsy, and Gutrik."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"Yay!" cheered Glirid again, waving "paw" back and forth and dancing around excitedly.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Cornflower MM

"Me?? What?? Are you sure?? I didn't sing THAT good, did I??" Bryony didn't think that she  sang that good!! However, she trusted the Abbess and the good Sister!

rachel25

Sister Lupine nodded, "Yes Bryony, you. You sung very well and me and the Abbess both agreed that you should be in the Play."
~~~~
Cien stood in the doorway listening. He nodded as each name was called out, yes a fair choice.

Cornflower MM

As Bryony walked back inside (after thanking the Abbess and Sister Lupine ; she was very good-mannered and also asking when the Practices would be) she passed Cien "hello, Cien. Is there anything that needs to be done at the moment??"

rachel25

Cien shook his head, "not that I'm aware of, why'd you ask?"

Cornflower MM

no reason..... why don't we take a walk?? I've been wanting to get to know better...is that alright??