Aluminum foil hats, more like...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Melanda was too good to be true :'(

But seriously, who was she? Who made her account and RPed her? My curiosity begs me to know!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Skarzs

Is there a way to compress the child boards back where they were? :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

I'm sad that it didn't work but thanks for trying guys!  :)

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Skarzs on April 07, 2017, 06:03:46 PM

If you are good enough... ;D
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

James Gryphon

Quote from: Skarzs on April 07, 2017, 06:03:46 PM
Yes, but honestly it'd be a pain and I don't feel like it. For now just enjoy the advantages of being able to see the board descriptions from the main page. ;)
« Subject to editing »

Chipster of Noonvale

James Gryphon

Well, the reason why we expanded them in the first place is because of a quirk with the merger tool we're forced to use. It doesn't recognize child boards when it merges the forums, so it was either that, or lose everything in all of the child boards, which of course we weren't keen on happening. ;)

As far as the merits of some boards as 'full' boards or child boards, it's something that could be considered, I suppose. We haven't really given it much thought since the individual boards were established back in the RAF days. I doubt Pop. Forum Games will ever be listed next to Forum Games, given that they're about basically the same thing, but one could certainly make a case for rearranging some of the other boards. Perhaps we can talk about it when there's not so much stuff on the agenda.
« Subject to editing »

Cornflower MM

Talking about the boards being more spread out would be nice sometime later, and I'm glad it's only temporary, because the board index looks cluttered and confusing. Not a fan.

Also you mentioned something about the bricks being permanent in the Tweaks and Changes at some point in the future? Is that to be across all the themes?

And now that all my grumping and questions are done. . . .*Tacklehugs @James Gryphon and @Sierra * James and Sierra deserve a really really big round of applause for everything they've done and tried to do. I have no doubts that next time the merger will be successful. :)

Luftwaffles

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

James Gryphon

The bricks are featured only in the Default and Modified theme styles. I've left them out of Classic and Loamhedge, given that they clearly weren't a part of the original forum's design, and that they're a recent innovation on the Loamhedge forum and not the "traditional" look of things here.

Now, if people are clamoring to have them everywhere (which I think might very well be possible after the art is finalized for them ;) ), we can certainly consider adding them in at that time, but at present there are no plans to introduce the bricks to the other theme styles.
« Subject to editing »

Banya

I don't mean this opinion to sound so negative.
It wouldn't be a good use of time to introduce the bricks to other theme styles. Those of us who use the other themes do so because we like the look of them as they are. If we all wanted to see the bricks, we'd all use the Modified theme.
I'm not a fan of the expanded boards on the main page, but it may just take some getting used to. It gives the forum a cluttered and shallow appearance, versus the compact but layered setup that existed before. It was still quick and easy to get around the subboards because of the drop-down menu in the bottom-right corner, so is it any more than a cosmetic change?

James Gryphon

We welcome all opinions from our members. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

It's worth noting that the bricks also appear in Default, not just Modified.

The expanded boards are a temporary measure necessary to facilitate the merger, thanks to an error in the tool that we use. Once the merger is done, the boards will be restored to their parent-child layout, as always before.
« Subject to editing »

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Banya on April 11, 2017, 03:06:44 AM

I'm not a fan of the expanded boards on the main page, but it may just take some getting used to. It gives the forum a cluttered and shallow appearance, versus the compact but layered setup that existed before. It was still quick and easy to get around the subboards because of the drop-down menu in the bottom-right corner, so is it any more than a cosmetic change?

That's because of the upcoming Forum Merger.

The tools we are using cannot detect chill boards for some reason and they would get ignored as a result. We will get the old structure back as soon as everything's set up properly on the RACF.