1 (7.1%)
Not sure
1 (7.1%)
With work
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Delthion

RPG
I just made an account today and I was wondering; what if this site made a role-playing game for Redwall.

Here are some ideas: What if you went to places in the books, maybe choose your faction between vermin and civilized beasts. Then you could talk and obtain quests from characters in the books, and make everything so that it follows one master storyline, and you could start out using standard weapons (swords, maces, flails, etc.) and the most expensive weapons would be famous ones like Martin's sword or Mariel's rope (I forget it's name.) and other famous weapons. I think also you should be able to amass a band of warriors or healers and command them while fighting with them. Also you should be able to fight other players, but somehow make it that you can attack them but don't have to fight them unless you're doing something important that would put your faction ahead.

These are my ideas they will definitely need improvement in some way that I don't see. Thanks!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Redwaller

First, this goes in another board, since the forum staff themselves couldn't do this.

So what you're basically proposing is to have a game similar to WoW and LOTRO, but with Redwall?

Rusvul

Sadly, the forum would likely not be able to do this, for several reasons. They'd need rights, for one thing, and those aren't given out lightly. I've seen several Redwall projects fail because they never got rights. I was a part of one of them, if a very small part. Second, they'd need people to make a game. Coders, skilled artists... MMORPGs, the sort of game you seem to be talking about- I play a certain MMO, it was announced about a year before it came out. And even then, it was mostly complete. It takes years to create a full MMORPG. Especially an open-world game, like you seem to be talking about.

However, if you want a Redwall computer game- How about a google search for 'soma games redwall adventure game.' There's one in progress- They have the rights, they have the coding ability. It's an adventure game, not an MMORPG, but it's still darn cool.

Delthion

Basically.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Delthion

Quote from: Redwaller on December 15, 2013, 12:31:24 PM
First, this goes in another board, since the forum staff themselves couldn't do this.

So what you're basically proposing is to have a game similar to WoW and LOTRO, but with Redwall?

Basically, but also be able to choose whether you're a squirrel or mouse etc. with bonuses according to what you are.

Rusvul

Hey, Delthion- Mods don't like us double posting, instead you can use the nice delicious shiny little edit button to the right of your post. :D

Delthion

It won't let me delete it...   :-\

Norham Waterpaw

Well, that's ok for now!   :D No one's going to ban you for double posting!  ;D
It's just for future reference.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Delthion

Wow...looking back on my very first post.

The Skarzs

Whoa, you joined that long ago? Dang. :D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

I know! All of these people that left that year that I have no idea about, were active when I joined!

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Delthion on October 06, 2014, 03:37:23 AM
Wow...looking back on my very first post.

Can't remember my first post. . . . Eh, it was more than likely that time. . . .. . .*Goes down memory lane* WAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY-! I feel old. Del, I'm older than you!

Delthion

Do you mean on the forum or in real life?

Cornflower MM

Delthion

Yes. I always view myself as a newbie even though I've been on this for awhile.