"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Long Patrol

Started by Log-a-Log, August 03, 2011, 08:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skipper

Quote from: Captain Tammo on November 26, 2011, 03:39:02 AM
Quote from: Plugg Firetail on November 26, 2011, 01:05:20 AM
I think Tammo is a bit overated. I mean come on, he's just a regular soldier out of thousands, leads a scouting party and fights in a battle. Then the book gives him the most credit.

The book doesn't give him most of the credit, it's just his story, so it's about him. The only significant thing that happened to him was Martin spoke to him in a dream and it said ask midge what to do. So it was Midge's plan, not Tammo's. So either Midge or Martin would get the credit for that whole idea of sneaking into the rapscallions camp. Also, the fact that he's just a regular soldier makes it that much more interesting and, if anything, makes it the opposite of overrated (whatever that word is). Think about it, he never used martins sword or killed the main villain. And he didn't become general of the long patrol after the book, just a simple, yet respectable rank of captain. So in conclusion, it was the story of a simple hare who joined the long patrol with no super powers or killing the main villain, but just his personal journey.
wow i never thought of it like that, nice and i thought he was more than captin but i havent read the book for a long times so im probably wrong

Gears

Rake nightfur was the toughest and best!
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

BrookSkimmer

Tammo was quite excellent!

My favorite Long Patrol hare name is definitely:

Sabretache

He was also quite a spiffin hare wot wot!

Log-a-Log

I liked Rubbadub a lot
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Log-a-Log on December 06, 2011, 10:20:22 PM
I liked Rubbadub a lot

Baraboom Baraboom drrrruppitydruppity BOOM BOOM!!!!  ;D
Rubbadub was awesome! Deff my second favorite!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

eualaia

any long patrol hare that uses claymore or rapier
wolves will slay whoever they want to.....*growl* "AGHH''

Blademaster

Basil Stag Hare for the win ya can't beat a stag their ya wee lass.  ;D
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."

Captain Tammo

I liked Basil, though he's not my favorite. Maybe it's because I read the long patrol first and redwall as one of the last that I like Tammo so much better.

W0NWILL

I liked Wonwill and Rake and Saberstache and, and, all of them!

Tam and Martin

All of them ;D (except Scarum he was awful).

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Vilu Daskar

I like The Major from the Long Patrol and Tammo and Buckler
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Leatho Shellhound

Laird Bosie McScutta of Bowlaynee

Tammo and Pasque were also Awsome.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Delthion

Possibly Buckler Kordyne. I am trying to think of the ones in Rakkety Tam, but I never managed to keep many of them straight... ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

Tammo, and Hon Rosie...though I can't remember if she was in the Long Patrol or not.