News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[CRAFT] [DISCUSSION] Leatho Shellhound's Wooden Swords

Started by Leatho Shellhound, February 20, 2014, 09:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

I wasn't that sure where to put this. Mods feel free to move it.

These are the wooden swords that I've made

1. Knight Sword

I hand carved it, it is made out of wood. The handle piece is a metal tube from a garden solar light. I painted and put a seal on it.

I made the leather sheath and sewed it together.

2. Viking Sword

I hand carved it, it is made out of wood. The handle piece is a mixture of string, glue and paint. I painted and put a seal on it.

I made the leather sheath and sewed it together.

3. Fantasy Sword

I hand carved it, it is made out of wood. The handle piece is a mixture of string, glue and paint. The pommel stone is a button and the sword decoration is made from scissor blades I painted and put a seal on it.

4. Gladius

I hand carved it, it is made out of wood. The handle piece is a metal tube from a garden solar light. The pommel stone is a carved candle a lollipop stick and some clay. I painted and put a seal on it.

The sheath is leather which I sewed together, with plastic locket and chape that I cut out of an ice cream container, material and four key chains which I sewed on and painted. And the belt was made from leather lace and a soop can opener.

I my not be making any more for a while, but the next one that I will do with be the sword of Martin the warrior.

Enjoy!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Skarzs

Nice job :)
I'm trying to get enough materials to make a real sword myself.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Those are neat! What sort of leather and or needle do you use for making sheaths, and are they fairly rigid? Or flollopy and limp?

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Leatho Shellhound

Thanks guys!

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on February 20, 2014, 10:40:51 PM
Those are neat! What sort of leather and or needle do you use for making sheaths, and are they fairly rigid? Or flollopy and limp?

Well, I used fake leather b/c its cheap. I doubled it and sewed it well with normal needle and thread. I don't know how to boil leather. But since these aren't iron or steel swords it works well.

click the banner

Blazemane

These looks fantastic! And I can't wait to see the sword of Martin the Warrior

321tumbler

rachel25

I can't see! The pictures aren't showing up!

321tumbler

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Blazemane on February 21, 2014, 11:14:44 PM
These looks fantastic! And I can't wait to see the sword of Martin the Warrior

Thanks bro!

Quote from: rachel25 on March 06, 2014, 04:06:27 PM
I can't see! The pictures aren't showing up!

Hmm... not sure why they aren't showing up for you.

Quote from: 321tumbler on February 23, 2014, 09:47:26 PM
How do you do it!

I just used a knife and hand saw, and got to work. Try it your self, it's difficult but doable.  ;)

click the banner

321tumbler

Alright. I can get my brother to help. I'll try once it gets warmer (not alowed to whittle inside).

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: 321tumbler on March 18, 2014, 02:45:09 PM
Alright. I can get my brother to help. I'll try once it gets warmer (not alowed to whittle inside).

Sweet! I'd love to see it when you two finish it!

click the banner

Wylder Treejumper

I made some wooden swords, but nothing like those! I mostly made mine just to spar with. Unfortunately, no one where I moved apreciates that art.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

321tumbler

I have a perfect piece of wood that I could use to make without help, but now I can't find my pocketknife!

Osu

There are NO WORDS for how incredibly, amazingly cool these are! It's clear you've put a lot of work in to those swords, and you've done such a wonderful job! Seriously, there can't be anything more fabulous than walking around with a butt-kicking sword -- do you ever go about wearing any of these, show 'em off and whatnot? -- just all around excellent work, sir!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.