Autumn Harvest RP Thread Part Two.

Started by Cornflower MM, March 02, 2014, 05:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

OOC: I don't know. Ya know, this was supposed to be about a peacefulk autumn with the subject of a Feast. Now? That stupid horde has taken it over.

Jukka the Sling

Ambrosine and Enthal continued tracking Sie. Ambrosine was exhausted and her back hurt from sleeping on the hard ground all night - it was a lot different from her comfortable bed back at the Abbey. Added to that was the rather frightening experience of waking up in the middle of the night with her companion being attacked... Ambrosine was still a bit jumpy and nervous from that. Luckily the vermin had run off before she'd even gotten there.

But anyway, she was really wishing she'd never left Redwall. Why on earth had she decided to go on some adventure? And she still felt bad about being rude to the Abbess. Once I get back to Redwall, I'm never going to leave, she decided.

Hearing a branch rustle, she gripped her stick tighter, whirling in the direction of the noise. The mousemaid heaved a sigh of relief when nothing happened. She quickly tried to look nonchalant, in case Enthal had noticed her nervousness. They continued tracking their quarry. Well, Enthal tracked, and Ambrosine just followed nervously.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Enthal bent, and looked at the soil. "I think....I might have lost his tracks. Now, don't panic! We're aren't lost." She announced, hoping the rather soft Abbey Sister wouldn't panic.

Iamthatis

Shadowclaw then said "I'll say lucky for us that Redwall has one of the best cooks in the land. Then Shadowclaw walked over to the tapestry of Martin the Warrior and takes a bow to the friendly face."
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

BlueRose

Aoi had no idea what cook Shadowclaw was referring to. The Friar, maybe?
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Captain Snowfire

Quote from: rachel25 on March 05, 2014, 05:32:53 PM
OOC: Um, I was wondering. Could the Redwallers capture one of my vermin band here. I just think it would be fun.  ;D

OOC: If you like, I can have Foufang capture one of your vermin and the others can take chase and Fourfang can see the Abbey and get shelter there with her prisoner. And I cannot post much with Lana until Jovani posts.

BIC: Fourfang's breathing was rapid due to her narrow escape from death. She tried to calm her breathing but it was a very close call. She had close calls before, but this one was closer. She there up against the tree, waiting to see if the vermin would give pursuit.
Prom! Here I come!!!

rachel25

OOC: That would work, capture any of them, except Avoir.

Captain Snowfire

OOC: Okay! ;D (This is going to be loads of fun!)
Prom! Here I come!!!

Jovani Fur-Ripper

*OOC: Cornflower dearest: I have place my "OOC's" in asterisks and blue colouring to escape that dreaded "BIC" in front of my wonderful words that I have so cherished! It drives me insane(er(est)) to see that horrendous acronym in front of my work; I want it gone!
A formal announcement to the rest of ye:
Jovani shall from hence forth and forever more on this thread, NOT ask any beast (Fictional and non) to use criminal actions as shown before with the word: "Relieve"!
Jovani also wishes to apologize for asking beasts to relieve their bodily fluids over the ramparts (a public crime punishable by(but not limited to) fines, jail-time, and serious trouble with your peers, parents, and law-enforcers), and promises not to ask such heinous crimes that could land one in trouble with officers.
Now gaze upon this work of art!
. . . . Lana. . . . Jovani is not interacting with any beast. Jovani is not even aware of any beast.

The gates loomed above him, towering over him like a great wooden wall of silent mockery. 'You can't get in! You can't get in!' It seemed to laugh. 'Stuck out in the rain like a wet, miserable, tiny little badger babe-ling!'
He growled loudly at the gate, then decided it was in his best interest to ignore the thing. He stepped back a few paces from the wall and began inspecting the wall more closely. Was it possible for him to climb the wall? Nobody seemed at home, or they simply hadn't heard him knocking. He seriously doubted the latter, as he was quite strong and had thundered on the gate; given its size, it would take a strong beast to let those on the other side know they were there.
The gaps between rocks weren't very big, he noted, and the rock was quite smooth. He couldn't imagine any beast climbing over the wall with just their paws, even if they were a good climber. He himself didn't think much of climbing. Although he was smaller than most adult badgers (But he didn't like having that pointed out), his paws were too big to grab and keep hold of those elusive and annoyingly small paw-grips on trees and the like. He'd done a bit of climbing during his time in service to Salamandastron, but those had been ladders, stairs and steep hills. He'd left the tree-climbing and wall-scaling to those who could do it quickly and efficiently. There was no use honing a skill he'd never use, and he had never had to climb, so he'd left it at that.
Climbing was not an option. 'Perhaps digging?' He wondered.  The ground was quite soft, he decided, it having rained a day earlier. He inspected his large paws, wriggling the joints and flexing his large, dangerous claws. He wasn't a mole, but he could dig. After all, Badgers lived in holes in the ground too. Moles were just better at keeping really big tunnels from caving in, and unlike Badgers, Moles could dig faster and more efficient. He had no idea how far forward he would have to dig to pass the gate. The gate was quite large, so it would only make sense it would be quite thick. Digging would take a while, but he'd be able to get in. 'Probably faster than these gates would open.' He added in his head, wondering once more if he had just happened across a deserted fortress in the smack-dab middle of nowhere.
But that didn't make much sense. What beast would build a fortress in the middle of nowhere and leave it empty? The answer: none. It was unheard of. Nothing this well-built and intact should be empty. Even vermin -who most usually had the brains of an under-sized millet-seed- would leave such a fortress uninhabited. Seeing as how vermin loved to hole up someplace(preferably somewhere where no other beast could get them) and send out raiding parties to entertain themselves, then retreat to their safe hidey-hole when there was trouble.
He looked again at the walls, a deep thoughtful frown on his furry face. Was this a vermin hide-out? Almost immediately he dismissed the idea. If it were a vermin hide-out, then he would not be having his current train of thoughts. One measly lone badger against a score of the worlds' stinkiest and most ignoble beasts? Not exactly a winning scenario for said one measly lone badger. The vermin would leap at such an opportunity to slay or capture the lone beast wandering straight up to their front door. Not to mention the air would be putrid and disgusting. No, it was not a vermin hide-out.

He eyed the gates, his mood far from good. It wasn't a vermin-hole, so that left three other possibilities. One: This really was an abandoned, empty fortress in the middle of nowhere(and those two beasts, the badger and the flying-monkey-thing, had run past and taken up refuge in somewhere beyond the empty fortress.), and he would have to find another way in other than the closed gate.
Two: It was an abandoned, empty fortress in the middle of nowhere and the two beasts(the badger and flying-monkey-thing) had barricaded themselves inside and thought him a vermin horde trying to gain access.
Or three: The fortress was inhabited and badgers were simply forbidden to enter(In which case, the badger and flying-monkey-thing he had seen before would have had to have gone past. The badger would have, at any rate.). This notion was silly, however, and he dismissed it at once.

In either case, he would have to find another way in other than this particular gate. He'd wait for a little bit longer and see if someone showed, then begin the long walk around the perimeter for another way in. A fortress like this was bound to have more than one gate, or even a drainage hole that he could probably squeeze through. That prospect did not improve his already sour mood and he hoped it would not come to that. Climbing through wet drain holes was not his idea of fun, but if it came down to it, he wouldn't hesitate to use it.
An idea suddenly struck him. If the building was inhabited, there would be the smell of other creatures around the walls. If the air stank beyond belief, they would be vermin. Or at least, they had been there at one point. If there were there now, he probably wouldn't be. If it didn't, then he would have come across some relatively safe place.
Cautiously, he sniffed the air. Something was cooking. It made his stomach rumble and remind him he had yet to eat since the previous evening. He definitely didn't smell any vermin, so it was determined there were good beasts inside. This fact didn't bring much improvement to his mood, but he figured there weren't very many beasts inside.

Raising his large paw once more, he knocked again.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Cornflower MM on March 06, 2014, 09:19:51 PM
Enthal bent, and looked at the soil. "I think....I might have lost his tracks. Now, don't panic! We're aren't lost." She announced, hoping the rather soft Abbey Sister wouldn't panic.
Ambrosine almost panicked, but didn't. "Um, okay. I guess we'll find his tracks again in a few minutes, right?" She clenched her stick tighter. For some reason, it made her feel safer. 'Cause she was really nervous right now. Not only had they lost Sie's tracks, she kept thinking she heard somebeast stalking them. Of course, it was just her imagination - she was really jumpy.

OOC: Cornflower, are you just going to take over the horde? 'Cause I don't think Gonflet even signed up for Part Two.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

OOC: I'll PM Gnoflet firast, and if he doesn't respond in three days, then I'm taking it over, and also completely revising a bit of it. Just small changes, mind you.

BIC: Lavender heard some faint knocking, amd ignored it, thinking she had heard things. Then she heard it again and ran outside, and ran as fast as she could twoard the gate. "Be ye Friend or Foe?" She called, trying to catch her breath quietly.
--------
Enthal nodded. "Aye. Now, just stay right there, and don't move your footpaws." She said, then started scouting around, then, "Aha! He went this way!" She followed them for a short distance, just to make sure they were his, then called Ambrosio. "Ambrosine! Come over here!" Then she waited, looking puzzled. It seemed he had fallen, and he'd been dragged, apparently, towards a cave. The his pawsteps came OUT of the cave, and he came out twice? Well, he had to be dragged by somebeast, and he's a big badger, so maybe, just maybe, it was another badger that came out with him!

rachel25

OOC: I was wondering, if someone playing a badger, could maybe, be some distant relation to Harin. Cos, I'm planning on Sie, and Harin coming to Redwall, to help fight, and it would be really cool if one of the badgers were a relation to her.

Cornflower MM

Hmm...That would be nice. I think there's onlty Lana, though. Maybe I'll play a BadgerMum. Maybe.

Iamthatis

" Shadowclaw then walked outside. He looked up at the sky and said I think its going to be a nice day."
IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

BlueRose

Aoi snatched a fresh baked loaf of bread and munched it as she ducked out of the kitchen and walked out onto the front lawns.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.