News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Fights of the Centuries

Started by The Skarzs, September 19, 2014, 01:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

That would be an interesting fight. Especially with Brocktree.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Albrithr on October 02, 2014, 04:44:48 AM
This wouldn't necessarily take place in Mossflower country, but a naval battle between the Goreleech and the Greenshroud could be pretty cool.

ooooOOOOOoooohh a naval battle! Now that'd be something i'd want to see more of!!! The gorleech was huge, though and probably could win any naval fight it was in as long as the slaves didn't rebel while they were at it.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Izeroth

The Greenshroud was equipped with crossbows though.

Captain Tammo

What if Ungatt Trunn and Verdauga Greeneyes met in battle, both in their primes and without soldiers to back them?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Well yes that's true but I want to know who would win in a battle!

Izeroth

In a physical fight Ungatt would probably win, because he had more strength. In a battle of wits Verdauga would definitely win, because he was more clever.

James Gryphon

Well, although we have a clear picture of Ungatt Trunn's capabilities in his prime, we don't know as much about Verdauga's. All of his recorded feats are in leadership and strategic acumen; I don't think it ever says anything about his personal combat ability, and whether he was considered stronger or weaker than his brother one-on-one. It isn't like Rakkety Tam where the horde members plainly say that they think Gulo would win; we have no way of adequately comparing their accomplishments. We don't even know of anybody that Verdauga personally fought or killed (Barkstripe died during the opening battle, but there's no evidence I can see that Verdauga personally killed him).

Ultimately, though, Ungatt Trunn is overconfident. Verdauga would know this better than anyone else, and would be able to exploit it. I'm not saying that it would be easy, but I think Verdauga has a good chance of carrying away a win from such a fight.
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

The Rouge crew vs. Captain Rakes column, that would be an interesting fight.
Also the location would be on an open field with no rivers nearby. :P

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

With no advantages. . . I like it! They were already competitive against each other in the books; it would be interesting to see them fight in true battle.

Welcome to the forum, Sandpaw! If you post in the Introduction Topic in the Front Lawns, you will be more properly greeted by the other members. :)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Welcome to the forum, LT! :)

I'd have to give that fight to Captain Rake's column if it were on an open field. The field of battle is where the Long Patrol fights best!

Perhaps if it were some rounded hills, then it'd be much more interesting. That way, neither would really be fighting in an environment that they're always trained for. That's not to say that the Long Patrol or Rogue Crew can't fight in a hilled environment, though. What I'm saying is that when you think Rogue Crew (or at least when I think Rogue Crew), you kind of picture them as Vikings in a way. When you think Long Patrol, you think of formal British Redcoats or something. You see where I'm coming from here? An open field is where the British Redcoats would always fight, and beaches and rough terrain is where you associate Vikings fighting (not 100% of the time, but when thinking broadly). So if you mix the two terrains together, you prevent both of them from having an environmental advantage. In this case, I'm not so sure who'd win.

I hope all of that made sense XD

LT Sandpaw

I don't know...
I think the long patrol should probably have a terrain advantage since they number only one score while the rouge crew number three score.
That's a bit of a numerical advantage.
                        60>20
                  Maybe if they had the same numbers but I have faith in the long patrol.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Søren

Lord Brocktree v. Gorath the Flame. Would be interesting, even though they are on the same side. :P

I'm retired from the forum

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Søren

Quote from: Captain Tammo on October 11, 2014, 05:28:31 AM
Quote from: Albrithr on October 02, 2014, 04:44:48 AM
This wouldn't necessarily take place in Mossflower country, but a naval battle between the Goreleech and the Greenshroud could be pretty cool.

ooooOOOOOoooohh a naval battle! Now that'd be something i'd want to see more of!!! The gorleech was huge, though and probably could win any naval fight it was in as long as the slaves didn't rebel while they were at it.
Another cool navel battle would be Greenshroud v. Freebooter or Freebooter v. Goreleech.

I'm retired from the forum