News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

[CRAFT] Art in Metal

Started by The Skarzs, October 10, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Lethal, huh? Well then. . .

So, it's been a while since I've posted here, and I have several projects I could show, but all I have pictures of at the moment is this.
Fighter
This is a Damascus, or folded steel, knife I was working on for a while. It took 15 hours to complete: eight hours forging and seven in finishing.

You can see the pattern here.

This one is a close up to try to get some detail on the lines in the blade.
[close]

As always, questions will be answered.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Vilu Daskar

Did you change whatever you upload the pictures to?
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

I think he's asking if you still upload the photos to the site you used to.

That knife is awesome. :o  Did you make the sheath too?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Skarzs

Well in that case, yes.

And yes, I did make the sheath. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Amber

Whoa, that knife is really cool!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rainshadow

*Whispers*  Pwettyyyyyyy.  OwO

Seriously though, the knife is awesome.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Vilu Daskar

The Skarzs

Good.

Quote from: Rainshadow on January 11, 2016, 07:23:56 PM
  *Whispers*  Pwettyyyyyyy.  OwO

Seriously though, the knife is awesome.
Why thank you.

I forgot to mention it, but the brown bit on the blade right above the guard has been removed. It was just some gunk that needed to be cleaned off.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Just a couple things I made yesterday. You can see how I made them on my channel.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Vilu Daskar

It's a poking thing and what?

The Skarzs

Oh, sorry. One is a barbecue fork and the other is a fullering tool. Since it's round it'll make circular indentations, and I can move metal in whatever direction I want in a round shape.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Flowers, Battering Ram, Silverware, Splork. All awesome and great. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.