News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Venra's Gallery

Started by Venra, August 21, 2011, 03:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winifred

WOW! Those are excellent!!!!!! Can't wait to see more, old or new! Could you give some tips? Or write about your own personal stlye? Thanks, Winnie :)
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Rainshadow

Whoa, those are awesome!  How did I miss these?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

Most likely because this thread got bumped up since we moved things around when we split the fan works section. I missed them too, and I think this art is fantastic!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

cregga rose eyes

Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Mattio

Nice they're really good

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

321tumbler

Kitsune

Sweet! Do you have any others?

Venra

Hello! I haven't been on here forever, but I'm hoping to be more active. Here's a piece I made this morning.

I've got some traditional art I'd like to post, but my scanner isn't working.

Here's info on my two characters:
VENRA:
brown and white ferret with red/amber eyes and a red red 'tatoo' dyed into her fur on her left arm and a scar over her right eye. wears a golden earing on her left ear, brown pants, belt, and a small satchel. She wields a spear and a dagger. She used to carry about a claymore she won off of an enemy, but it became more of a burden than the trophy it was meant to be as it was a hassle to carry, it prompted other vermin to attack her for it, and it was too heavy for her to wield.
Venra follows a "I'll treat you like you treat me" motto. She's perceptive, hotheaded, and decisive. She tries to barter for supplies, but due to the thieving nature of most vermin and the mistrust other animals have for vermin, she often ends up stealing, fighting, or bullying her way into getting what she wants.  She has a passionate hatred for badgers, that was sparked by her father's murder. She hates the stigma placed on vermin, as she considers herself better than they are, but at the same time she doesn't hesitate to lower herself to other vermin's level if she's treated as though she was on their level already. Venra isn't needlessly bloodthirsty, but she honestly enjoys fighting and doing as she pleases. Her independent attitude makes her unable to work well with others and has been kicked out of two hordes and was a spear for hire for a short time until consistent disagreements with her employers resulted with her quitting to put her services up for anyone.
She is well aware of Redwall and all the times that hordes and vermin have been soundly beaten for messing with the abbey. So she tries her best to steer clear of them. Her brother, fleetfoot, drives her up the wall and she trusts him about as far as she can throw a badger. He's the only one she'll allow to travel with her though, and goes out of her way to make sure he doesn't get roped into a horde or some vermin gang. They work surprisingly well together and his light attitude helps balance her grim one.
Her mother wasn't very motherly or caring, just average. Her father was mean and cruel, but he was at the same time, more inclusive and encouraging to Venra than her mother was. He used his spiteful tricks and cruel antics to 'teach' Venra 'life lessons'. He often teasingly implied to venra that he planned to make her the next leader of his gang; something he never truly intended to do. After her father died, her mother became more influential, trying to help venra deal with her fathers death with a 'that's just how life is' talk. Venra quickly developed a distaste for 'common' vermin and ran off from the gang to live on her own. Living on her own, she discovered, was very hard and dangerous, but also personally rewarding. Curious as to how other creatures live she took up 'people-watching'. This was both informative and useful is she needed to steal supplies. She observed some mouse and mole families
that made her rethink how she'd been raised enough for her to settle on her life motto. She also realized she disliked living completely alone and returned to her gang to find her brother. She found her old gang under attack from toads and managed to rescue her brother, but abandoned the rest of the gang to the toads.

FLEETFOOT:
a white ferret with green eyes and a notch in his left ear and two scars on the left side of his jaw. wears a leather shirt and a red sash and a quiver. He wields a dagger and a bow with arrows.  He's especially good at pickpocketing and is a bit of a kleptomaniac.
Fleetfoot doesn't have any code or way to life. He treats each day new and does what he likes. Venra is his 'boss' and though he often tries to get around her restrictions, she is the last word on what is okay and what is not. He enjoys fighting as much as Venra, but is a lot less selective on who they fight than she is. He isn't very bright for the most part, but when it comes to stealing or getting what he wants, he can be deceptively clever. He's easily coerced or bribed into things, and Venra often needs to bail him out of trouble. He's a follower, but with how much he's traveled alone with his sister, he finds it hard to adapt back into horde lifestyle when he finds himself accidentally involved with other vermin.
He's got an unhealthy love for small cute animals, which results in him kidnapping babies. Venra always makes him return them as she finds them aggravating and the two of them know little to nothing about baby caring. once he actually discovered a baby mole whose family had been killed by some other vermin. Venra allowed him to keep the molechild for a while, before forcing him to leave the toddler at Redwall's gates.
He harbors some resentment at his sister for abandoning the rest of their family to toads and for always being a control freak about him, but he at the same time enjoys how well they fight and steal together. He acknowledges she's saved his life, but doesn't feel a strong loyalty to her or any other creature, no matter what they do for him.  He's more upbeat and friendly than his sister which often gives the illusion he's the kinder of the two siblings, but he actually is the more ruthless in getting what he wants and inherited his father's complete lack of empathy. He gets along swimmingly with other vermin, but venra has influenced him into thinking he's somehow better than they are.

Also, someone asked me to talk about my style.... Well, I think my style's a mix between semi-realism and cartoon. my style tends to persist even when I'm drawing heavily different subjects or trying to mimic other artists styles. uh, not sure what to say about it other than I'm happy with it, but wish i could switch to other styles easier.

Leatho Shellhound

Wow! Nice work!! Looking forward to seeing more!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

rachel25

*sobs brokenly*
I can't see any of it! Not one picture!!!!  :'(

Rainshadow

*Claps loudly*  That's awesome!  :D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Venra

Quote from: rachel25 on July 22, 2014, 04:58:17 PM
*sobs brokenly*
I can't see any of it! Not one picture!!!!  :'(

Does the computer or browser you use block deviant art? Because that's the website I upload my art from.

The Skarzs

You're not alone, Rach. :(
I'm sure your art is awesome, Venra; keep it up. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.