News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Manga/Anime

Started by Maudie, November 29, 2014, 06:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

Ok, in this thread we can talk about this stuff. I wasn't sure where to put it, so it goes in the Cellars.
For those of you not familiar with term Manga it is the Japanese word for Comic, I believe.
I consider myself a mediocre Manga artist. Maybe I'll post my best picture sometime.
Anyway, talk away!
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jetthebinturong

I went on an anime watching spree for a while and finished AoT and Free! and got halfway through OHSHC but I stopped for some reason, possibly fanfiction, possibly Booktube or possibly mock exams.

Anywho, every anime I've watched thus far is awesome and I have a long list of the stuff I want to watch

I don't particularly want to read any manga but I know I'll have to because some animes have read the manga endings which is really annoying
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rainshadow

I've finished Free! and Fullmetal Alchemist, and am currently watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood primarily, as well as Ouran High School Host Club and Black Butler (both of which I've put on hold as I'm halfway through FMA:B and want to finish it before the end of the year.).  As for manga, I found a good manga reading app, so I'm planning on starting Haikyuu!! and Kuroko no Basuke.  I just started reading Tokyo Ghoul a couple days ago, and it's really dark, but really good.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Skarzs

BURN IT WITH FIRE! BURN IT ALL WITH FIRE!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Skarz, if you don't like Anime, or manga, then there are plenty of topics for you to talk about other things elsewhere.

I myself don't read the manga's, but I started watching some Anime's. SAO was my first, still loving it, and I've started exploring the Gundam world. I buddy of mine recommended watching Gundam: Seed, anyone else know much about it? 
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

I've heard of Sword Art Online (an online friend of mine sings praises about it all the time), but I've never heard of Gundam: Seed.  What's it about?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Giant robot mechs, there are so many Gundam series they can all basically be summed up under that

The Mask

SAO is pretty cool. I've finished AoT and I've started reading Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. Oh yeah, I've also watched a fair bit of Ouran High.

I'm trying to watch some Free! but because of exams I don't really have the time. :-\
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Rainshadow

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 29, 2014, 10:04:20 PM
Giant robot mechs, there are so many Gundam series they can all basically be summed up under that

Robots, eh?  I'll have to check it out, then.  ;D

Erg, y'all saying that you're reading/watching AoT makes me really wanna start watching it, but I made myself promise to finish the stuff I started before watching anything else!  Ugh, the problems with finding so many interesting anime and having no time to watch any of them.

Dannflower Reguba

Actually, Gundam (or Gunpla, as they're called in the shows) are relatively small plastic models. Thing is, in the series (at least the ones I've seen so far which are, "Gundam Build Fighters," and, "Gundam Build Fighters Try.") the models are brought to life by this thing called a Plavsky particle. The particle not only brings the plastic to life, but allows effects like explosions, lasers, etc. that only work on Gunpla. It's pretty awesome  ;). And yes, SAO is awesome! Things can seem a bit rushed at times, but the story's still pretty good, and the fights are anime level epic. They literally JUST finished season two, though only season one is available dubbed, everything else is subbed.

What's AoT?

EDIT: Never mind, I should've know something was up when it seemed nobody was talking about Attack on Titan.  ::) I've considered watching it, is it any good? I know it's mainstream popular, but is it worth it?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Luther of Redwall

I'm looking for an anime that's not extremely violent or immoral, any suggestions?
Life is fair because it is unfair to everyone.

BlueRose

If you like girls manga/anime, I suggest Ouran Highschool Host Club. If you don't mind a little violence, FairyTail is FANTASTIC. If you want a lot of violence, Immortal Rain or Aphorism are awesome.

For the record, only the first two have anime's.

Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Luther of Redwall on November 30, 2014, 12:53:14 AM
I'm looking for an anime that's not extremely violent or immoral, any suggestions?

I'd suggest Free! if you like sports anime.  It's about the Iwatobi and the Samezuka swim clubs, and it's a really interesting show.  Lots of fun moments, as well as quite a few emotional ones.  The only downside is that this anime is only subbed (although the Japanese voice actors are AMAZING), but they've just recently announced that the second season's gonna be dubbed (they can't do the first season due to something about the rights to the show).  Still, I suggest watching the subbed before watching the dubbed (whenever that comes out), 'cause those actors are awesome.

@Deli-chan:  If you don't like anime or manga, when why are you visiting the exclusively anime and manga topic?  :P  *Gasp*  You actually like it, don't you?  That's why you're looking at this topic, isn't it?  I'm right, aren't I, Deli-chan?  TELL ME I'M RIGHT!

Jetthebinturong

If you want anime recommendations I recommend watching GRAkada's youtube channel, he's an amazing anime reviewer and most of my list comes from him

Turns out he just goes by Glass Reflection now