News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

I dare you... to hit paste in the replies.

Started by SilentSam, December 02, 2014, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexandre

Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

Jasper

Where:
  VP  -  is the Primary Voltage
  VS  -  is the Secondary Voltage
  NP  -  is the Number of Primary Windings
  NS  -  is the Number of Secondary Windings
  Φ (phi)  -  is the Flux Linkage
Notice that the two coil windings are not electrically connected but are only linked magnetically. A single-phase transformer can operate to either increase or decrease the voltage applied to the primary winding. When a transformer is used to "increase" the voltage on its secondary winding with respect to the primary, it is called a Step-up transformer. When it is used to "decrease" the voltage on the secondary winding with respect to the primary it is called a Step-down transformer.

I felt you all needed this to improve your day. You are welcome in advance.

Andy

It was a new day, at a new house.  We'd just moved from our home in Atlanta, where we'd lived forever, to this small town in Ohio.  The place was unimpressive in every way, and looked like one of those places you'd see on Investigation Discovery—the quiet town where nothing ever happened, until some guy went on a killing spree in the '70s or early 2000s. In its favor, our new abode itself was grandiose in nature, a massive house the likes of which children would perceive as a castle, a place blatantly laden with history, one you knew had seen many stories unfold over the long years it had stood there.
Only actions can speak the truth.

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Luftwaffles

So Gibby went back to the bullpen...for Jeff Beliveau? This was a situation that screamed out for Roberto Osuna and his door slamming, but Beliveau got Reddick. So then of course out came Osuna for the 9th, and he did his usual thing, bulldozing through three hitters in order. Let's break this down a little more:

Tying run at the plate, 4 outs to go (leverage = 1.56) --> minor league free agent journeyman
    Bases clean, up 3, 3 outs to go (leverage = 0.77) --> one of the top relievers in MLB

Frankly, there is no other way to characterize this other than asinine. This is asking for trouble. John Gibby is fortunate it didn't find him.

Anyway, Blue Jays win!
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

a crumb

unted in his second autobiographical volume In Joy Still Felt seeing Lehrer perform in a Boston nightclub o

Ashleg

Dude, I am completely down for this.
Like you said, the issue here is how he does it...

Hickory

sword block damage reduction reduced by 5%
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

a crumb

James Gryphon

If you mean something like "What do you mean by that", well, I still don't have a driver's license.
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Ashleg

When you get a C on your test, the teacher has merely had too much Confruity Crisp.