News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

You Know You're Obsessed with Middle-earth When...

Started by Jukka the Sling, January 30, 2015, 01:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

This is pretty much self-explanatory. I think. Please try to keep each statement numbered!

1: You know you're obsessed with LotR when you speculate on the possibility of reaching Middle-earth through the Bermuda Triangle.

2: When you realize that John Greenleaf Whittier was actually Legolas in disguise.

(My sisters and I have done both of these.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tiria_Wildlough

You know you're obsessed with lotR when.....

you try to do an elvish move and pull a muscle. Hahahaha.......

Lady Amber

4:When you go around randomly quoting stuff from LotR for no reason at all.

Morgazath

When you start acting and talking like an orc.
"The power of darkness is mine. At last I am free to reign destruction as I please. This world will be consumed, and you will be crushed. I am Mozaru, Lord of Night and Shadow." -Excerpt from The Chronicles of Light and Darkness. (A book I'm writing.)

Izeroth

6: When you imagine taking your enemies to Isengard.

Kitsune

7: When you write in Elvish on the dry erase boards at your school.

8: When you spend a lot of time thinking about what certain characters and events signify.

Lady Ashenwyte

9. Read more LOTR fanfictions than the books.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

10. When you can say "One Ring to rule them all, etc." In the Black Tongue.

11. When you really really hope that while walking your dog, you are pulled into Middle-Earth through a portal.

12. When you try to learn Elvish when you're already learning two other languages at the time.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

13: When you've memorized the names of the main cast in the movies (and not just the Fellowship).

14: When you know a bunch of random trivia about the movies, like the fact that Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn) broke two of his toes when he kicked the Orc helmet in The Two Towers, and that they kept his scream of pain in the movie.

15: When you've translated your name into Elvish.

(I've done the first two.)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

When your sister wants to enter your room, you take a stick and say, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Number them.

16. When you know all the different Elvish languages.

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Faiyloe

17. When you have researched how to properly pronounce all the elvish words. And can now comfortably read elvish

18. When you have studied the family lines of Aragorn and Arawen to find just how much elvish and human blood they have in them.  (Did you know that they both actually have some Maiar blood in them from Melian  Aragorn a lot less than Arawen for obvious reasons)

19. When you have the One Ring stashed in a drawer.

20. When you have the Evenstar necklace.

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jukka the Sling

21: When you've translated your entire family's names into Elvish. (I've begun to do that using this website. (Just to issue a warning of sorts: the banner at the top has a photo of Arwen wearing that rather indecent dress from TRotK... so, yeah.) Also, not all of the name meanings are correct, so I recommend Googling them to make sure.)

22: When you name your pets after LotR characters.

23: When you develop a crush on one or more of the characters.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

24. When you have read the Silmarillion and can make all the connections from it to LOTR.