Whaaaaaaaatttt!?

Started by CaptainRocktree, March 01, 2015, 07:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRocktree

I just found out that many directors/produces have contacted BJ about a film adaption of "The Flying Dutchman" by people such as Steven Spielberg, but he turn them down since he preferd kids to read the books instead of watching the movie!  :o
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Mhera

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Ashenwyte

BJ was right, books should be read (or listened to) by kids rather than a cinema.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

. . . Which begs the question of whether or not he would have liked to see any of his books adapted to film.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 03, 2015, 04:55:37 AM
. . . Which begs the question of whether or not he would have liked to see any of his books adapted to film.

He did approve of a TV series.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on March 03, 2015, 06:09:04 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on March 03, 2015, 04:55:37 AM

He did approve of a TV series.
Animated non-violent TV series
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jukka the Sling

Actually, I think it would've been really cool to have a Castaways movie. Also, it would've introduced more people to the books.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Luftwaffles

That is such an amazing attitude. My respects for that.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Cornflower MM

MeadowR

Yes, good on him for making that decision. Not every book has to become a film which is often a disappointment compared with the book anyway.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Luftwaffles

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on March 09, 2015, 03:28:44 PM
Yes, good on him for making that decision. Not every book has to become a film which is often a disappointment compared with the book anyway.

Not to mention, awfully shortened by comparison.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on March 03, 2015, 04:44:53 PM
Actually, I think it would've been really cool to have a Castaways movie. Also, it would've introduced more people to the books.

I think so, too! Maybe Brian said no simply because he's of a different generation, you know?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

That was probably an influential aspect.
However, I feel like they would end up making the way Ben and Ned became ageless a bit twisted.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

CaptainRocktree

Quote from: The Skarzs on March 25, 2015, 08:02:51 PM

However, I feel like they would end up making the way Ben and Ned became ageless a bit twisted.
Yeah, I agree! They would also probably tone down the religion such as the Angel, and in the first book involving all the gospels, ten commandments, and such
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien