News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Hotroot Soup

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 08, 2015, 04:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Ingredients:

-3 pounds watershrimp (shrimp) cooked,shelled, and deveined (May be able to use any seafood meat, tuna fish, for instance, but I'm not sure)
-Salt
-Freshly ground pepper
-3 tablespoons bacon fat Hotroot powder mix (a tiny bit of cayenne pepper, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot)
-1/2 onion, chopped
-4 cups sliced okra
-1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
-1 1/2 cups chopped fresh or canned tomatoes
-2 teaspoons basil, crumbled
-1 cup cooked rice

Procedure:
Boil watershrimps. Melt bacon fat in large skillet and brown watershrimps lightly. Remove from pan and set aside. Add onion, okra, hotroot powder mix, and pepper and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for five minutes. Stir in tomatoes, basil, and three cups of boiling water. Mix in watershrimps and about a teaspoon of salt. Cover and simmer 30-40 minutes. Add cooked rice, mix well, and cook 5 more minutes to heat through. WARNING: this otter recipe is very spicy!! Serves 4.

This recipe was donated by Erik.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.