News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Scones

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 08, 2015, 05:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Scones

-1 3/4 cups Flour
-2 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
-6 tbsp. Sugar
-1/2 tsp. Salt
-18-20 tbsp. Heavy Cream

Preheat oven to 425 F. Mix dry ingredients together, then add heavy cream four tablespoons at a time, stirring well after every four tablespoons. Make sure the cream and the dry ingredients are mixed well. Shape into 3 inch balls (Don't shape too much, just enough so that the Scone stays together. Otherwise they lose their unique scone-shape) and set on a cookie sheet about 3 inches apart from each other. Bake for 10-16 minutes. Makes around 12 Scones. ~~Enjoy!!
Note: This is a recipe for plain Scones. But you can add dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips or pretty much anything you want. I recommend around half a cup of whatever you choose.

This recipe was contributed by Andria R.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.