Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, June 22, 2011, 09:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

I have another question, what makes a newbie start being a junior member, and a junior member start being a full member, etc?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

Your post count determines your position. You're a newbie until 50 posts, then you become a junior member. At 100 posts you become a full member and so on.

Tiria Wildlough

But I have made 240 posts and I'm still a full member. (Not that I'm impatient or anything, I just wondered.) ;)
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

That is true! Don't worry, make about 10 more meaningful posts and you'll get there. :)

Tiria Wildlough

Thanks! Just wondered!
Oh, and do you become anything after a senior member?
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

All titles are achieve by post count.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Log-a-Log

It says my local time is 1:56, but it is really 8:56 here. I don't really care, but I'm curious about what is happening
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Lily

You can change your time settings by clicking on the profile button at the top of the page. In the sidebar under Modify Profile there's a link called Look and Layout Preferences. Click that and you can change your time. Auto Detect should do it.

DanielofRedwall

I can answer that! You become a "hero member" after a senior member. I know this because Osu has become one, the first one! Congrats!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Skalrag of Marshank

How am I supposed to upload a picture? Sorry, I am an idiot! ???
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lily

Do you mean a profile picture? First, click on the profile button at the top of the page. In the sidebar under Modify Profile, click on Forum Profile Information. The first option on that page is to change your profile picture. Click the Browse button next to the option that says I will upload my own picture, choose the picture you want to use from your hard drive, and then hit Change Profile at the bottom of the page.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions. :) That's what we're here for!

Skalrag of Marshank

~ Larry Boy

Lily

Skalrag of Marshank

O.K., one more question. I know absolutely zero when it comes to computers... :-\

I was thinking about making a thread for me to post my random pictures that I drew...How exactly would I do that?
  ~ Larry Boy

DanielofRedwall

Scan it first. If you don't own a scanner, your local library probably does. Then, when it's scanned you can put it on a site such as photobucket or imageshack. You then get the URL of the picture, Use the image tags and tadaa! I'll use an example for using image tags.

This is the picture I want: http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001961965/1043785050_polar_bear_face_palm_thumbnail1_xlarge.jpeg

I then use the image tags so it looks like this:
[img]http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001961965/1043785050_polar_bear_face_palm_thumbnail1_xlarge.jpeg[/img]

Tadaa!

Hope that helped!
Thanks to Lily, who kind of taught me to do this!
Received mostly negative reviews.