News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Million Dollars, but. . .

Started by James Gryphon, December 26, 2015, 04:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

No, couldn't fence very well with that! ;D

If you could only eat and drink real things, no artificial foods or ingredients. All food has to be completely natural.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rosie Willowwater

Of course!  :D

If you couldn't use technology for a month

James Gryphon

Well, what kind of technology are we talking here? Just electronics? Things powered by electricity (including water heaters)? Plumbing?

If it's just electronic gadgets, I'd say yes, but for electricity, I'd have to think about that. No plumbing is a no-go.

... if you had to refer to and think of yourself exclusively in the third person for the rest of your life.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

No.

If you had to live in Australia for the rest of your life. (I mean come on, who's going to accept this?! ;D ;D)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

* Groddil snatches the money.

If you had to spend the rest of your life with Delthion as a roommate.

Milady Scribe

A million isn't worth having any one person as a roommate for the rest of your life (unless you're both in love and are getting married, of course, but who really wants to put a price tag on that?).

If you couldn't drive a car for ten years. You can hitch-hike and get rides, but no driving yourself.
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes

James Gryphon

Already have. What's ten more?

...if you had to marry someone much older than you (say 20+ years) someday? It can be anybody you want (that's also willing to marry you), just so long as there's that age gap.
« Subject to editing »

Cornflower MM

Why not? My parents are fifteen years apart and they're fine.

If you had to work every day at a job you don't like or need?

NathanBros

I guess is what they do, fine.

You have to dismiss years of study on some discipline?
"I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop whenever I want."
My Mario blog (Portuguese): Jogos do Mario .

James Gryphon

Well, it depends on how many years. If it's one or two, I might think about it; if we're talking 5+, that's different.

If you could never see the color blue again?
« Subject to editing »

Kitsune

Absolutely not.

If you couldn't play your favorite video game again?

James Gryphon

I did it before, without getting paid.

Though I'm not sure which one it would be now; there's quite a few I like pretty evenly.

...if you had cold symptoms constantly for the next eight years? How bad they would be would fluctuate. The symptoms could be treated/mitigated with medication, but they would always be at least a little there.
« Subject to editing »

Edraithel

Depends if the cold includes a sore throat then no, but if it's a stuffy nose and all that I could deal with it. But sore throats, don't think so.

If you had severe nacrolepsy (extreme daytime drowsiness), literally falling asleep everywhere?
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

James Gryphon

Nah, I don't think so.

...if, instead of meat, you ate bugs? You could choose any bugs and any kind of prep that you want. Instead of having to pay an exorbitant amount for imports, you would be able to buy them for the market price in countries where bugs are commonly sold.

If you're a vegetarian, answer this challenge instead:

...if you could never eat anything green or containing green ingredients again?
« Subject to editing »

LT Sandpaw

Well they do say everything tastes like chicken... So I guess yes, I'd probably end up regretting it though. I love fried chicken, and bacon, and hamburgers...

...If you lost the use of your legs?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro