Sandpaw's Specialty Dueling Club OOC (Open)

Started by LT Sandpaw, January 15, 2016, 01:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Weapons should be used?

Character Preferred Weapons?
4 (80%)
Player Selected Similar Weapons?
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

LT Sandpaw

Specialty

Hey Ya'll, so I had the urge to do a Duel except I want to do it a bit differently, so instead of just having two people pound away at each other until the mutual kill or one decides to loose I'll be doing something else. I find the first a bit dull after a while so I came up with this idea. Let me know if ya'll are interested.

So the premise is a sort of gladiator arena where different pairs battle to the death for riches, fame, or for other reasons. Above the duel will be a poll with both contestants names. After a certain amount of time when both duelers have had a fair length to beat the snot out of each other the spectators (All the other Forum members who joined) shall take a vote using the poll and vote for the player they want to be victorious.

Voting could be off anything but you can't vote for someone just because you like them, there has to be a reason behind your votes. After another few posts the doomed and the victorious will finish their duel the survivor gets a few days rest while a second pair battles. Rinse and repeat until the true champion is victorious. I need at least four or more people so please sign up.

Okay so every player has to make two characters: The Gladiator and the gladiator's sponsor. The gladiator would most likely be a solid fighter, either forced or bribed into fighting, while the sponsor is a rich aristocrat with a bloodlust problem. Once your gladiator is dead or is waiting for the next match you can RP your sponsor character with the other spectators, either cheering on the duelers or just RPing with the other sponsors.

Rules:

1. No OP fighters, badgers wolverines, ect are not allowed to fight, however they can be a sponsor.

2. No PPing, or Godmoding for obvious reasons.

3. When RPing with a sponsor try not to swamp the duelers. They'll be focusing on each other so if they have to read though two pages of posts looking for their opponents move it stands to reason they might get a little irked.

4. Two characters minimum and maximum. However creating NPC spectators is fine.

5. Please post your reason for voting for a specific gladiator here in the OOC. If you have no reason and just want to vote for a certain character that's fine. HOWEVER I would prefer it if you posted a reason.

6. You can vote for your own gladiator if he/she is dueling.

7. You can vote for a certain gladiator even if your not apart of the RP. Audience participation is welcome.

Alright so if your interested just say so. And if I see enough people are interested I'll post the character sheet.

Have a good day all.

~LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

Sounds interesting, I'd like to give it a go.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Groddil

Ashleg

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

On the topic of badgers and wolverines, would you consider a special category where they could fight, but only with each other?

Alternatively, the "Grand Champion" would have to fight one as their last test.

LT Sandpaw

Alright we got a few interested parties. I'll set up the sign in sheet sometime toady. Also I was wondering, and I suppose it'll be up to a vote, but should we have our fighters using their own preferred weapons, or have them use similar weapons voted upon by the other players?

@Groddil Um maybe, however our characters are going to eliminate each other one by one so having someone using a badger would be slightly unrealistic. Its going to go something like this. (Please note this isn't going to be the actual outcome. Unless we're really lucky and this turns out to be the actual outcome.)

Jet--VS--Sandpawn  Delthion--VS--Groddil  Ashleg--VS--Ashenwyte

Jet--VS--Groddil                                 Ashenwyte

Groddil--VS--Ashenwyte

Also note I am open to suggestions, however my original rule stands that powerful characters like badgers, wolverines, ect shouldn't be allowed.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

So, the audience votes on who should advance to the next round?

And these sponsors confuse me, what is their purpose?
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.