Brang Forgefire
0 (0%)
Ambry Rockflash
0 (0%)
Violet Wildstripe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Banya

While badgers contribute a great deal to the series, there aren't very many of them.  Perhaps, to some, this is for good reason, as they seem unstoppable and overpowering, but there may be some readers who would've like to see more of them.  The few who were shown appeared, with little exception, to be wise, protective, and fearsome, feared and hated by vermin and feared and admired by goodbeasts; these characteristics seem to be shared by Badger Lords and Ladies and Badger Mothers of Redwall alike.  So, I'd like to know:

Which badgers contributed the most to their respective novels?  While this question might seem to exclude the badgers who weren't protagonists of their respective novels, a lot can still be said about characters like Urthwyte and Auma.

Groddil

I chose Brocktree, Sunsflash, and Constance. I feel like Constance doesn't get the kind of attention all the others do.

Ashleg

I chose Cregga, Constance, and Brocktree.
And gosh,
Spoiler
Cregga's death actually made me cry.
[close]
(Hey people! Don't click the spoiler unless you want spoilers for Taggerung...)

Groddil

Who chose Bella? Uck, I HATED Bella. She seemed average in Mossflower and Legend of Luke, but she just became a total jerk in Outcast. I mean seriously, naming a child an anagram for evil and vile? REALLY?!?!

Banya

My votes went to Auma, Cregga, and Lonna.  I'm not quite sure yet who I'll say played the most significant role in/contributed the most to their respective story.

Hickory

My votes went to Bella, Constance, and Urthstripe.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Captain Tammo

Gorath was a pretty cool badger :) I don't think Eulalia! get's enough credit since it's one of the last books in the series many people read. I thought it was a very good one!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

LT Sandpaw

I was never much of a badger fan, though they had their moments. I'd have to say that my three favorites are Stonepaw who died like a boss, and had a pretty cool name. ;)

Boar the Fighter, who died like a boss, and while his name isn't as cool as Stonepaw's he's got a pretty neat title. He sounds like a MMA wrestling champion. Who wants to go up against Boar the Fighter?

And lastly Urthstripe the Strong who died like a boss.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Mhera

Quote from: Ashleg on February 18, 2016, 09:31:09 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Same :P Cregga played a major role in three separate books, changing significantly over time, and having her die like that was hard. However, it was nice not to have an open end on her story, and in a way, letting her get accidentally killed by a vermin sort of preserved the feeling that time itself wasn't good enough to defeat her, and neither were any vermin's best efforts (if that makes sense).
[close]

Ashleg

Quote from: Mhera on February 20, 2016, 02:59:21 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Same :P Cregga played a major role in three separate books, changing significantly over time, and having her die like that was hard. However, it was nice not to have an open end on her story, and in a way, letting her get accidentally killed by a vermin sort of preserved the feeling that time itself wasn't good enough to defeat her, and neither were any vermin's best efforts (if that makes sense).
[close]
Spoiler
Although I agree, that makes it even sadder somehow. Ugh, poor Cregga.
[close]

Banya

Quote from: Mhera on February 20, 2016, 02:59:21 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
I never thought about it that way.  I like that idea.

Dotti Dillworthy

How can we forget the silent badger Muta? She deserves respect; she can fight without a battle cry from her lips.

Ashleg

What book was she from?

Dotti Dillworthy

Quote from: Ashleg on March 27, 2016, 09:13:43 PM
What book was she from?
The Bellmaker. She's a nurse to the little Squirrelprince Truffen.

Ashleg

Huh.
Guess that shows how much attention I paid to the royal family.