Redwall Isn't Safe Anymore! (Is Redwall as Safe as they Say it is? Part Two)

Started by Ashleg, February 18, 2016, 09:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Abbot Grant gasped and dove in front of Damien, anger flashing in his eyes.
"Damien! This is supposed to be a time of peace! Is this what you call heroism, dropping in on places and starting fights?" He frowned at Bracklew and aimed to block the squirrel's punch, sending a glare Damien's way.
"Either calm down or get out. We do not need your drama here."

--

Rapshade slammed the clean bowl down in front of Aver and reached for another, going at it furiously with the rag. He quickly completed five more dishes and piled them on top of the bowl, then grabbed a cup and dunked it underwater, sending little droplets everywhere.
It was obvious that what Aver said had ticked him off.

--

Duncan grinned and held his paws up defensively.
"But that's just the thing, old chap, there's enough for everybeast. There should be enough for me, wot!"

Groddil

Damien shoved Grant roughly out of the way.
"Leave? Gladly. Care to take this out into the woods, you pitiful excuse for a warrior?"

LT Sandpaw

Catching Grant before he could hit the ground Bracklew spat at Damien's feet and drew his sword. Pointing the blade at Damien. Bracklew's left paw was still curled close to his chest, and tears of pain were springing to his eyes.

"Get out. And stay out. I don't fight cowards who push elders round. Its beneath me." Bracklew advanced to force Damien and the Vigil otters out, his sword still raised towards Damien's chest.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

Grant yelped and stumbled into Bracklew, nodding his thanks. He then turned and eyed the other squirrel.
"Bracklew's right. And if you are so glad about leaving, please do start on your way." He said curtly.

Groddil

Damien spat in Bracklew's face.
"Cowards? Beneath you? One-Ear might have been one of you once, but I ain't. I got no qualms killin' you fer threatenin' the vigil. You want me dead? Fine. Go ahead. See if you consider yerself a peaceful, honorable Abbeybeast then! Mebbe we shouldn't do our job. Mebbe we should just LET the vermin take over Mossflower and attack this place. Forget what One-Ear wants, I'm done with the Vigil!"

LT Sandpaw

"Go inside Abbot, get something warm to drink. You'll get sick out here in the cold." Bracklew sheathed his sword so he could wipe the saliva off his face, his lower lip twitched ominously. "I'll make sure the Vigil finds their way out."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Smiling as if he didn't even notice Rapshade's anger Aver wiped the bowl dry grinning at he growing pile of clean dishes. "Matey ye sure work good when ye are angry. Aye, mayhap I could get ye mad up on th' third floor, th' place could use a good sweeping. Oops ye missed a spot on this pan, do it again."

Ashleg

The Abbot sighed, backing reluctantly towards the door.
"If I go inside, I'll be trusting you to be responsible with this. Alright, Bracklew?"

--

Rapshade swapped the cup for the pan and showed it to Aver when he was done.
"'S that better, sir?" He asked forcedly, keeping his eyes adverted and on the ground. The ferret's tail twitched and crinked up in annoyance as he let the otter's comments sink in.
He set the pan down and grabbed another cup, but since he wasn't thinking straight it slipped through his paws and shattered on the ground.
Cursing loudly, Rapshade hopped up and down on his good leg. "Yowowowch! 'T got in me footpaw, th' blasted thing!"

LT Sandpaw

"Yes," Bracklew growled in reply to Grant keeping his eyes locked on Damien. Waiting until the mouse was a good distance away he jerked his right paw towards the gate advancing until he was directly in front of Damien. Looking up with a hate laden glance Bracklew spat back, sending spittle into the older squirrel's face.

"Get out, your not welcome here."

~*~*~*~*~

Taking the pan Aver inspected it carefully nodding sagely. Picking up his rag he wiped it dry. "Aye very well done Rappy, like I said, ye work good when ye'r angry." As he set the pan down Rapshade dropped the cup sending shards across the kitchen floor. Aver jumped away frowning as Rapshade hopped about.

"Hold still ye fool ye'll push it in deeper. Now 'old still an' give me yon footpaw I'll dig it out."

Ashleg

Rapshade grimaced and stopped hopping, positioning his paw so Aver could have a look.
"This is what happens when I'm mad," he said through gritted teeth.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Hickory

OOC: SAY WHAAAAT

@sand: is Bracklew talking to Asher, Damien, or ell of them in general?

Hickory

OOC: I'm making a guesstimate and DPing to move the action along.

BIC:

Asher's dirk was out since the beginning of the fight, but he had declined to interfere with it until Damien announced his resignation. Eyes narrowed, the black squirrel sprang in front of his fellow soldier. "One minute, Damien. You can't just up and leave the Vigil."

He smirked. "An' I wouldn't doubt that One-Ear'd hunt ye down as well. At any rate, g'day to ye, Abbeybeast. Carry on feastin', the Vigil'll take care of the small vermin band headed up the path. Huh, One-Ear's probably finishing up that lot right now."

Beaconing to the two otters, Asher made a short little bow to Bracklew, the same as he had given Grant. Naturally, he was obliged to show his thanks to even a beast he disliked. Asher kept some of his qualities from long ago. In a flash he and the otters were back in the woodlands.

Groddil

Damien watched idly as Asher, Charm, and Rivertail left the Abbey. The squirrel lazily twirled his sling.
"That fox is wasting his time. He can kill as many vermin as he likes, but those fat, lazy slobs in that Abbey don't care 'bout their own safety. Let 'em all die. You with me?"
Charm shook her head in disgust as Rivertail uttered a harsh whisper.
"Asher's right. One-Ear won't fergive ye for that, mate. You know 'ow much 'ee hates deserters, to say nothin' o' 'is second-in-command."
Damien snorted.
"To Hellgates with that, he can find a new second-in-command. There's plenty 'o ways to kill vermin without having to take orders of him. Whadda ya say, Asher?"

Hickory

The black squirrel's voice came from behind the gate. "Nah, I tried settling down once an' work in' by myself. It never worked. Good luck, Damien."

Asher and the otters fully disappeared into the woodland. The squirrel told Charm and Rivertail to stay hidden and provide a lookout for the Abbey while his leapt into the branches and took off towards where One-Ear had gone.