News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Adventures of Sir Fredrick

Started by LT Sandpaw, February 22, 2016, 08:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Sir Fredrick unfortunately, fell asleep and missed the entire ceremony of Generalizing him. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

That was okay, though, because his loyal aide and second-in-command was there to fill him in as soon as he woke up. Fredrick was very happy and proud, and set about his new task with vigor, leading his knights in rebuilding the kingdom and restoring their defenses.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Unfortunately, a gigantic earthquake happened, the kingdom, being renowned for its small size, was completely engulfed along with all of Sir Fredrick's knights. Thankfully, Sir Fredrick was just ahead of the edge of the fault.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

James Gryphon

Sir Fredrick was very upset by the death of all that he held dear. However, a practical and grounded man, Fredrick decided to move on with his life, and take the experience he had gained and the wealth he got from the dragon's lairs to start a new life in the adjacent kingdom of Minoa. Fredrick's reputation had spread far and wide across the lands, thanks to the merchants who had travelled to and fro his home kingdom, so he was greeted warmly there.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

He was then thrown into the Labyrinth to be eaten by the Minotaur.

James Gryphon

This was because he volunteered to do so, to prevent the loss of further lives to the brute beast. Fredrick easily outwitted it and slew it, winning acclaim across the Minoan kingdom, and the new title of Royal Champion, which the grateful king established for him.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

As the Royal Champion, he was expected to kill himself, and if the gods really valued him that much, they would bring him back to life.

James Gryphon

Fredrick, however, won a reprieve, when the king's beloved daugher, a logical and extremely beautiful young lady, pointed out that nobody who did this had ever been brought back to life, and that given that track record, perhaps their gods didn't approve of the practice of testing them in that manner. The King and all the people saw the wisdom in this proposal, and outlawed the custom of suicide in the lands.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

The King outlawed it, and replaced it with murder. His logical and extremely beautiful daughter completely agreed with this and Sir Fredrick now had to be murdered.

James Gryphon

However, the laws of the land prohibited any kind of murder, so none of their subjects were legally able to carry it out; this meant that Fredrick's office could only be made vacant in the event of dying in battle. The Kingdom of Minoa was not at war with anyone, as their army was the strongest in the world; with that and Fredrick at the army's head, all of the other kingdoms were too afraid to cross them.
« Subject to editing »

Delthion

Until all the other kingdoms united under the power of dragons

James Gryphon

However, the inhabitants of the other kingdoms were furious at their lords consorting with fickle, greedy dragons, and revolted. Sir Fredrick led the army of Minoa and the rebels to a glorious victory, slaying all of the dragons and routing their supporters' armies, in what would be called the most brilliantly led campaign in the world's annals.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

Sir Fredrick then married the King's daughter, and became heir to the Minoan throne.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Then, the once noble, Sir Fredrick, who was now outrageously in debt, woke up from his dream. ;D

James Gryphon

He had fallen asleep during his Generalizing ceremony; that was okay, though, because his loyal aide and second-in-command was there to fill him in as soon as he woke up. Fredrick was very happy and proud, and set about his new task with vigor, leading his knights in rebuilding the kingdom and restoring their defenses.
« Subject to editing »