News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Video Games

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, February 24, 2016, 04:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delthion

Oh wow, it's been a very long time since I've played that, I don't even have it installed! Sorry about that!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

Trigoma

I don't care what anyone says, Zelda is the best video game series in the world >:D
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Jukka the Sling

*doesn't play video games but would really like to play Zelda... and Skyrim*
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Skyrim was disappointing for me, I don't personally think that the game is worth it.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Matthias720

It depends on what you're looking to get out of Skyrim. You won't find a deep narrative or particularly clever writing, but you will enter a wonderfully interesting world that provides hours of little diversions and hidden tidbits. That's my experience with it.

Delthion

I found the world slightly disappointing. But my favorite part was that Dwemer cavern, I forget the name of it though but it ran underneath most of Skyrim.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on May 13, 2017, 04:24:33 PM
*doesn't play video games but would really like to play Zelda... and Skyrim*

Morrowind and Oblivion are far more interesting, with a deeper world and better characters.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Oh and Ash how are you doing on Crusader Kings II?

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Delthion on May 14, 2017, 06:24:10 AM
Oh and Ash how are you doing on Crusader Kings II?

Haven't played in a while, but was playing as Alexios I Komnenos in the Basileia Rhomaion and the Sultanate of Rum is falling apart, so they're going down soon. Once I reclaim Anatolia I'm going for Anatolia.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Delthion

Interesting.

Right now I started the game as the Duke of Dehubarth in Wales. I took over Ireland relatively quickly and allied myself with the Holy Roman Empire and France, then I requested an invasion of England from the Pope, I took over England with the help of the Holy Roman Empire and became Emperor of Britannia. Shortly thereafter I took over Scotland. Then I allied myself with France and requested an Invasion of the Holy Roman Empire from the Pope. Now I have most of Greece, the Holy Roman Empire, and the Empire of Britannia. And the year is 1301 I believe.

Gonff the Mousethief

Ok, so I just found my fourth favorite video game: The Witcher 3. Oh my GOSH the game is so good. I have played it for a month now and still have not beaten it. The world is so big yet full of stuff to do, and the story is one of the best if not the best in any game I have ever played. All of you choices matter, and each character becomes a part of the overall narrative in ways you could never expect. I just love it so so so much. Plus it is based off a book series and I picked up the first one a few days ago, and it is already as good. Gah, I wish I had found out of this came earlier!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Lady Ashenwyte

Payday 2 is free on Steam for a while, get it now if you're interested in it.

TheRedSnifit

May as well throw out a list of my favorite games. In no particular order:

Resident Evil 4
Team Fortress 2
Fallout: New Vegas
System Shock
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Metroid Prime
Metal Slug
F.E.A.R
Resident Evil 2003

I like my shootbang.

Hickory

Quote from: Trigoma on May 12, 2017, 05:36:33 AM
I don't care what anyone says, Zelda is the best video game series in the world >:D

Well, that's debatable. There are other games series out there like Halo, Fallout, Dark Forces/Jedi Knight, Skyrim, Deus Ex...

Unless you mean best children's* game, which makes more sense.

*Children as the target audience. I'm not calling any of you kids. ;)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.