News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

'appy Saint Pat's Day

Started by Groddil, March 17, 2016, 09:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

'appy Saint Pat's Day, evreyone. Sit down an' 'av sum liquor. 'tis green! Enjoy master av Oirlan', won't yer? Dat be's gran', innit? Gran', nigh enjoy de festivities!

Hickory

Oy, mucker, pass de beer t'me! Tis brutal when Oi can't get sum guid liquor down me throat.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

You people are terrible at doing Irish accents. Mucker? That's lowerclass English, it's got nothing to do with Ireland! And liquor? Really? The only alcohol consumed in Ireland is beer. Guinness if possible.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Maudie

I'd like me a dear li'l tankard of October Ale, if y'please. Wit a shamrock as decoration. ;D :P
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Maudie

Gran'. oi 'ill

We soun' loike moles.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Hickory

Quote from: Jet the binturong on March 17, 2016, 09:47:34 PM
You people are terrible at doing Irish accents. Mucker? That's lowerclass English, it's got nothing to do with Ireland! And liquor? Really? The only alcohol consumed in Ireland is beer. Guinness if possible.
I've never heard an Irish accent and translators aren't reliable. I really hope you don't stab everybody with the knife of truth when you meet them.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Aimless Gallivanter

O if I feel sick or pale,
What makes my old eyes shine?
Some good October ale
And sweet blackcurrant wine.
I'd kill a dragon for half a flagon,
I'd wrestle a stoat to wet my throat,
I'd strangle a snake for all the sake
Of lovely nutbrown beer... .
Nuhuhuhut broooowwwwwnnnnn beeeeheeeyer!

(drinking song from Mattimeo)
im gay!!!!!!

Jetthebinturong

What's with the missing Ws? Does ANY accent get rid of Ws?

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Jet the binturong on March 17, 2016, 09:47:34 PM

Ease up comrade, you probably can't do a perfect Southern accent. We're doing the best we can with a limited Irish vocabulary. No need to stand on pin ands needles just relax and have fun my friend. Liquor is just another word for an alcoholic beverage.

'Ey Grodds pass th' drink now or your in for a right rumble. An' don't ye mind me failed Aussie accent.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

Actually liquor refers to any alcoholic beverage besides beer or ale.

Maudie

Groddil

Ah, jet yer bleedin binturong, shut yer bake 'ill yer? you're killin' de moment!

Wait, Snadpwa, yer mean ter tell me yer were speakin' in an Aussie accent? 'T'Sounded more Scotty ter me! Bloimey O'Reilly!

Maudie

Uggh, that accent grates on my eyes!

Groddil

Well shut yisser bleedin eyes an' don't luk den, mask. if yer don't want ter be 'ere, be aff witcha.