News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Who you gonna call?

Started by W0NWILL, March 20, 2016, 10:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Nick nodded, accepting the sheet. He glanced down at the paper. "Yeah... I can do that. Um, you wouldn't happen to know here the... Calchas family lives? They're squirrels, if that's any help."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

The mouse guard shook his head sadly. "I'm afraid I don't know where they live, however I know what happened, poor folks. Sometimes they wait around the pond I think in remembrance or something, though If they aren't there they'll be in the dormitories. I don' think they've moved out yet."

The guard slipped off his hat and looking grimly at Nick. "I say did you hear about the otter family? Same thing happened to them. Such a tragic accident, yes sir it is. Anyway If I could help you with anything sir just call."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

Nick simply had to show his badge again to get into the Abbey itself. He didn't even bother looking at the pond, at least not for now. The mouse was so occupied with staring around at the Abbey - he hadn't been inside for a while - that he stumbled down the cellar steps and landed with a bump at the end. Picking himself up, Nick quickly grabbed his pistol and jammed it inside his coat. "Hmph..." Just as he was about to go back up the steps out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the door ajar... And red. Blood red.

Groddil

Francis heard a loud bump from outside the makeshift office. He pulled out his shortbow, notched an arrow to it, and kicked the door open, arrow pointed straight at Nick. He yelled at the other mouse, his voice tinged with a distinctive sob.
"WHO ARE YOU? Why...Why are you here? Did you do this? DID YOU DO THIS? I swear to Hellgates, I'll kill you!"

Hickory

Nick slowly stood up, eyes fixed on the arrow. "No need for that, my friend... just put it down. I'm with the police." He could already see the shock setting in on the mouse's face. He didn't murder the dead mouse, and he didn't look to be in an condition to do it again. "Did you know him?" he said, easing his paws into his pocket and taking a tentative step forward.

Groddil

"He...Was my brother. He was investigating the disappearances linked to the pond. Apparently he made a big breakthrough, told me to drop all of my own cases, come help him. And...here we are. That's our name, written on the wall. I don't know what G'yeth means, though. If I find who did this..."
Francis threw the shortbow aside, collapsing into Hastur's chair.
"There has to be some kind of clue around here. Maybe in his journals. Maybe in the message. And who strangles somebeast with pondweed? There's something wrong here. I can feel it."

Hickory

Nick hurried forward, concern in his face. "Get out of the chair, it could have something in it or in it! Just... Step aside."

He took in the scene fully. "Well, definitely a murder. You'll have to come in and get interviewed. Do you know where the non-governmental records for your brother are stored? We could use them."

Groddil

"There's nothing in the bloody chair, I think I would have noticed. And to hell with getting interviewed. He was my brother, this obviously happened because of his investigations, and I'll handle it myself. When I find the scum who did this, I'll fill 'em with more arrows than a squealing hedgehog in the middle of a battle."
The mouse composed himself.
"Records? I have no idea, but there's probably something in one of his journals."
Francis picked up a small, black book with several dried smears of blood on it.
"Looks like the most recent one...Here we go. This is the latest entry:"

I did it. I don't know how, but I did it. The phrase I kept hearing repeated, "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn," it means: "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming." I don't know who brought me the letter that explained it, but I do now know about this R'lyeh place. It was some sort of city near Salamandastron that Mother Nature herself thought was too evil for this world. The seas rose by a thousand leagues, killing all the inhabitants. Now there are only two ways to get to the city. Through the tunnels under Salamandastron, most of which are either flooded or collapsed, or deep down the Abbey Pond, into the place of the Veiled Ones. Francis is on his way as I write this. When he gets here we can sort this all out together.

Hickory

Nick was quickly getting annoyed with this mouse. "I don't know who you are, but I would prefer that you let me handle what is clearly a murder. I'd prefer not to get a second beast killed his week."

Groddil

"I just told you who I am. My name is Francis Alhazared, I am an investigator. Somebody killed my brother Hastur, so I'll handle this myself. Now, if you aren't going to help me, I would appreciate if you left me to say my final respects. Good NIGHT, sir."

Hickory

Nick stated defiantly at Francis for a few seconds. "Fine, then. Take what you must, because my team will sweep the whole place by tonight. If you need me, just visit the station and ask for Nick Valentine."

He turned and strode out of the cellars.

Delthion

OOCFAPNITRP: (OOC From A Person Not In This RolePlay.) Friendly revive!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Groddil

OOC: Hmm, what can I do, what can I do...

BIC:

Francis Alhazared had shut the door to Hastur's office, and began scanning for more useful evidence. He didn't appreciate how Valentine was so self-important; Hastur was his own brother, so he would deal with it personally. He pulled open the desk drawer and reached around, eventually finding something strange. A case file...
He sat down on a ruined couch and began studying it.

Hickory

OOC: So since Batlord is AWOL, we'll just have to ignore Paranine for now.

BIC: Nick knocked on the door for the Calchas, the family who suffered the same incident that he young otterbabe had at the pond. The dormitory door creaked open to reveal an older squirrel, male. Probably the father. "Can I help you?" he said creakily. "Yes," nodded Nick. "I'm with the police, investigating the disappearance at the pond."

Shock overcame the squirrel's face. "Uh, you must have the wrong door. Maybe the next one?"

He tried shutting the door, but it was light and Nick's strong paw caught it easily. "Not so fast. Let me in, and I won't cause trouble."

Groddil

OOC: Lulz, is the squirrel a cultist or something? :p