The Eternal Storm (Roleplay Topic)

Started by Unimaginative, June 06, 2016, 06:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

"East, north east!" Taymoor shouted over the wind and shoved the map into her satchel before it could blow away. She was about to lead them off into the forest when she saw a stoat stumble from the forest. She tensed and put her paw on the head of her ax, but she didn't make a move against the beast and until he proved hostile she had no intention of fighting.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Lady Ashenwyte

Ralak watched the stoat stumble out of the forest from his perch in a tree, and hissed. He had been following the stoat for days, and he would have butchered him before the sun set, but now that task would be much more difficult. "Oh, how it would be to crack the bones, and eat the marrow!" A voice in his head called out, one of the many that kept the otter company in the lonely nights.
                    "Soon, darling, soon! He replied, surveying the woodlanders outside the Abbey. Delicious they would be, and the hunt would be worthy as well. He giggled, and waited...

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

"Top o' the mornin' to ye, matey," said Bowls to the stoat. "Best find some shelter from th' storm before ya start rollin' and don't stop."
  Bolstan continued to smile, but he hadn't expected to see a vermin so quickly on their journey. Not that this one seemed very dangerous, of course, but having not been out of the abbey much, the otter wanted to be careful.
  "Good luck, my stumblin' stoat! C'mon, Taymoor, Reinhardt; let's go, mates."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Unimaginative

Reinhardt took a stop forward, glancing suspiciously at the Stoat. "Aye, we'd best leave this sorry beast and continue... eh... start our trip." Watching the Stoat as he walked, Reinhardt headed towards the forest where Taymoor had indicated.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Stinkeye picked himself up shakily, just grabbing his stone axe as it flew out of his belt. The stoat was quite uneasy, he swore he had heard dark murmuring in the trees.
"Err...'ang on. Where're ya goin'? Can I come wiff ya? I just want ta find da fing wot stops da storms. Mebbe ye can help me, an' I'll help ya. Aye, dat's a gudd idea!"

Faiyloe

Taymore stopped in her tracks and turned on the stoat. "Now listen here, I'm doing you a favor by not killing you where you stand. I have enough to worry about without having another mouth to feed. I'm not a charity so find your own way," She said sharply. She didn't think him dangerous. But he did seem rather thick, He would be more trouble than help and he had given Taymore no reason to trust him. She then turned and lead the others into the forests at a quick trot. When they had gotten away from the wall and a bit into the trees the wind died down a bit but it still whipped and yanked at the treetops with an alarming force and they could hear it howling and whistling like something alive.

Groddil

Stinkeye continued to follow the Redwallers, begging and pleading.
"Awww, come on bosses. Give us a paw, an' I'll 'elp ya. Anyfin ya wants, I can 'elp ya wiff it. Jus' 'elp me find da weather changin' fingo, or da vixen'll skin me alive! I'm nice, 'elp me out 'ere!"

Faiyloe

Taymore quickly realized that this stoat would be following them weather they wanted him to or not. If he was going to be around she preferred him to be around where she could see him. Despicable creature though he was.

"Alright, you can come with us, but mind you one step out of line and the vixen will be the lest of your worries," She said placing a warning paw on the hilt of martins sword that was sheathed at her side.

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: Sorry for not posting. I wasn't sure what to do in the post.

Ralak looked at Taymoor, and growled. That beast looked like she could put up a fair fight, and even though it would be fun to hunt her down slowly, he was hungry. He readied one of his bone javelins, so sharp one could pierce plate armour. He hurled it at Taymoor, and stifled another giggle. The group's reaction would be very amusing.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Groddil

"Gaah! Look out, frend!"
Stinkeye tackled Taymoor, pushing her out of the way of the bone javelin. The stoat drew his stone axe and began waving it wildly.
"'Ey, 'oo threw dat? Nobeast messes wid me mates!"

OOC: Soz for da PPs, Faiy. :P

Faiyloe

The javelin buried itself in the soft ground near Taymore's feet. Her ears pricked back and she grabbed the shaft of Stink eyes axe. "Stop flailing," She ordered. She then looked at the Javelin and followed it's trajectory to it's source. "Take cover, behind the trees," Taymore ordered pointing to the trees in the opposite direction from where the javelin had come from. She then looked the stoat in the eyes "You try and stab any of us in the back and I'll tie you up and leave you for whoever that is, got it," She said before letting go of his axe. She then bounded over to a tree and scrambled up it. The attack had come from the treetops that is where she would find the attacker.

Unimaginative

Reinhardt stubbornly stood his ground, holding his dagger defensively. However, when Taymoor ran for the trees, he mistook it for her also hiding, and if Taymoor were hiding, then he certainly should. He quickly ran behind a tree, peering around it trying to see what was happening.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Lady Ashenwyte

"Curses!" Ralak thought, as he saw the squirrel climb up the tree next to his. He readied his axe, and quickly climbed to the next tree, making sure to reveal his position as he did. The trap had been set.

Faiyloe

Taymore thought she saw what looked like an otter shift in the trees but she couldn't tell for sure. However now she had a location on him. She climbed higher so that she was above him and then took a flying leap into the tree he had just been in. From there she tried to get a lock on him again. The tree swayed in the wind and tore at the leaves making it difficult for her to see, but she knew better than to run into something blindly.